Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter called me on the phone at 2PM, crying hysterically. She was driving herself and her brother home from school. She says she got rear ended and the guy took off with his passenger giving her the finger on the way by. Nice. Well, a guy who was directly behind the two of them got his tag and followed him until the guy ran a red light. He returned to the scene where the police were already taking a statement from my kids. With the tag number, they found the owner's address and waited. The guy dropped the truck at a church 2 blocks from his house and started walking home. He started running when he saw the cops, but they got him and he admitted to hitting her. He said he was rear ended into her, but he had no rear end damage and the guy who got his tag was right there. He had also called in a stolen vehicle report for the truck before he dumped it, and admitted to that. Habitual offender. Driving with a suspended license. Borrowed someone else's truck (and I hope it is insured!) and drove like an idiot. Now he gets to go to jail. It is the guy who flipped my daughter off who needs a karma beat down!

Photos (as reward for reading this dribble):

My truck. Needs a new rear bumper and end cap. Third time this corner has been worked on. The tire carrier is a little stickier than before, but operational and it didn't shove the tailgate in.

His truck. Hood peeled back pretty good. Damaged light housing and front bumper cover and grill and fender. Sucks for the owner that let this loser drive his truck. And thanks to Chevy for manufacturing such an ugly front end that a 17 year old girl can identify!

Thoughts on repairs? I'm sure an insurance company would rather total it, but I can't replace it with $1500 or less.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Good story. Glad all are okay!

His truck has at least a grand worth of work. That crap on those trucks is expensive!
You just need to pull your bumper cover off and examine some more. Doesn't look too bad/

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
wait wait wait wait...hold on, hold on! youre gona tell me that your zoo just needs a new bumper...while this "heavy duty" truck needs a new fender, hood, fender and headlamp? jeez! that aint not truck quality :roll:
they dont make them as good as they used to :)

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
really you just need to see how bad the bumper is pushed in once the bumper is off.

glad to hear everyone is ok and justice was served....or at least for the driver. :roll:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments. After looking at the exploded parts diagram and crawling under there, it seems I might get away with just straightening a couple of brackets and pounding the cover back into shape. The plastic end cap can be replaced and its bracket straightened out. Keeps looking better and better.

You can see why I get nervous when my phone rings at about 2 o'clock on school days!

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Glad everyones ok. One of my aunts just got in a wreck a couple days ago.

This lady in a Mazda sports car was speeding and ran through an intersection and flipped my aunts new Avalanche.
She had her two daughters in the truck (16 and 8 ), one of which was just in another bad accident a few months ago.
It seems like they arent getting a break from these idiot drivers. Lucky her middle child (14) wasnt with them.
She is still suffering from the accident a few months ago. She was on tubes and all for a few months.
They have no serious injuries, so we thank God for that. Hope that lady gets her share of Karma. She could have killed them. :(

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
i like this.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
I'm so glad that there was one of the few folks left with some sense and the where with all to do the right thing behind her. Rare thing these days. Don't hold your breath that there is insurance. Only losers loan cars to losers with suspended licenses. Take great joy that the Bozo gets to sleep in a cage on a steel shelf tonight! It's too good for him. Get a lawyer and go after him and the truck owner. It's the only way to get satisfaction these days unfortunately. It's a lesson I've learned the hard way. I'm glad your kids are safe.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Glad to hear everyone's alright that was involved with that!
Even better that they caught the bastard.

Where do people get off?!?! Flipping off someone they just hit!?
What is wrong with the world today.... :cry:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
squatch said:
I'm so glad that there was one of the few folks left with some sense and the where with all to do the right thing behind her. Rare thing these days.
Thanks for bringing that up! I can't say enough about the effort this guy made to get the plate! These days you are taking a risk to help someone out like that. The guy drove across lawns, taking out a light in a yard, and ran a red in one of the busiest intersections in town; who knows what he was capable of! Positive karma for sure.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dae said:
Glad everyones ok. One of my aunts just got in a wreck a couple days ago.

This lady in a Mazda sports car was speeding and ran through an intersection and flipped my aunts new Avalanche.
She had her two daughters in the truck (16 and 8 ), one of which was just in another bad accident a few months ago.
It seems like they arent getting a break from these idiot drivers. Lucky her middle child (14) wasnt with them.
She is still suffering from the accident a few months ago. She was on tubes and all for a few months.
They have no serious injuries, so we thank God for that. Hope that lady gets her share of Karma. She could have killed them. :(
Sorry to hear that story. No injuries at all here, thankfully.

·
Registered
555 Posts
FL 3.2L said:
My daughter called me on the phone at 2PM, crying hysterically. She was driving herself and her brother home from school. She says she got rear ended and the guy took off with his passenger giving her the finger on the way by. Nice. Well, a guy who was directly behind the two of them got his tag and followed him until the guy ran a red light. He returned to the scene where the police were already taking a statement from my kids. With the tag number, they found the owner's address and waited. The guy dropped the truck at a church 2 blocks from his house and started walking home. He started running when he saw the cops, but they got him and he admitted to hitting her. He said he was rear ended into her, but he had no rear end damage and the guy who got his tag was right there. He had also called in a stolen vehicle report for the truck before he dumped it, and admitted to that. Habitual offender. Driving with a suspended license. Borrowed someone else's truck (and I hope it is insured!) and drove like an idiot. Now he gets to go to jail. It is the guy who flipped my daughter off who needs a karma beat down!

Photos (as reward for reading this dribble):

My truck. Needs a new rear bumper and end cap. Third time this corner has been worked on. The tire carrier is a little stickier than before, but operational and it didn't shove the tailgate in.

His truck. Hood peeled back pretty good. Damaged light housing and front bumper cover and grill and fender. Sucks for the owner that let this loser drive his truck. And thanks to Chevy for manufacturing such an ugly front end that a 17 year old girl can identify!

Thoughts on repairs? I'm sure an insurance company would rather total it, but I can't replace it with $1500 or less.
While its sad to see such slime in this world,its reassuring that there are good people like the guy who followed him and got his license plate. The sweet thing at the end of this all is that he compounded the hit and run with filing a false police report.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
FL 3.2L said:
Damn...don't know what to think when seeing this rap sheet...
http://www.sheriffleefl.org/about/jaild ... &bk=681482
No wonder six police vehicles showed up at his house. Have to thank the Cape Coral PD, too. The police were very reponsive in this situation.
I know exactly what to think. Why isn't that POS in jail to stay? Hit and run and driving without a license seems to be his 2 favorite hobbies. Do the world a favor and take that trash down to the beach and hold him under water till the bubbles stop and then a few minutes more! Crying out loud that's his second in the last 2 months! And somebody was stupid enough to let this moron drive their car!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It seems he did just over 5 months in 2009, but didn't learn his lesson. I googled "FL habitual traffic offender" for info on exactly what that means and found a ton of lawyers offering to help you beat the 5 year HTO revocation of your license. Hmmm.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
:laughing5:

Your truck did THAT???????????

How funny.....

I would've never expected that kind of damage on the front end of a fullsize for pete's sake!

I wouldn't file an insurance claim on the rodeo though, it held up extremely well, I'd just buff it out. Good thing he didn't hit her further to the right, it would've messed up the tire and caved in the tailgate big time.

Years ago, I had a 2500 ford truck back into my rodeo squarely into the tire carrier, shoved it completely into the tailgate...thankfully the backglass didn't explode, but it was under so much pressure the shop that fixed the truck said that if I had tried to release the hatch the glass would've exploded.

·
Registered
485 Posts
FL 3.2L said:
It seems he did just over 5 months in 2009, but didn't learn his lesson. I googled "FL habitual traffic offender" for info on exactly what that means and found a ton of lawyers offering to help you beat the 5 year HTO revocation of your license. Hmmm.
Sounds like a lot of FL lawyers need to get rear-ended.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.