Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was originally gonna do Moab in OCt, but the Navy said no way to funding my cross country drive. So, I will head out to KC,MO in first week of October, and hit up Kansas Rocks! We will bring the VX and the RS and probably a slew of Jeep friends.
Anyone out in the Kansas/Missouri area that would like to get together, feel free to let me know and we can set up dates. For those that are new to the adventure, l have become a pretty decent driver and a decent spotter as well. It should be a ton of fun, and great weather to boot!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone, beuller, beuller, beuller......

I will firm up dates when the time comes, I would guess somewheres around 8-10 oct or so.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Firming this up, we will be there early AM on Saturday, 15OCT11. The park is only open weekends at this point. We may crash on site sat and hit the road sun afternoon, don't know yet. Anyone else interested, shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I understand the very little interest in this trip. Once we cleared tn on our cross country deive, I can count the number of any kind of zu we saw on two hands. I would guess they succumbed to the truck dissolving rust. Anyway, we will now be hitting tuttle creek lake tomorrow. Looks more challenging.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
tuttle creek is nice but i wouldn't say its more challenging then K-rocks. Tuttle is good and has stuff for about anyone but you can do all of it in the VX in one day and then you wont want to try the hard stuff. Be carefull its not well marked and trust me you can end up in a place you dont want to be in very quickly.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got back. Not a bad park, wife was a little nervous about stuff. I got two good videos, uploading to youtube from my phone, so slow!!!!
Found some serious deep mud, when it passed my bumper, I backed out...now my truck smells like baking cow ****...yum.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are absolutely no trail markings. We did end up in some crazy descents and climbs with no option. Much steeper than Uwharrie, and that flint is no joke, wouldnt want to wheel there with some light weight tires, they might fair too well.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Yeah man that was my stomping grounds for 4 years in school but once you go a couple times you learn it well and with a few bigger trucks that park can be fun. Lots of steep stuff that I enjoyed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.