Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to a junkyard in W.Hazelton PA next sunday. i was there last weekend so i saw whats there. it has 2-3 2nd gen Rodeos, 1 96ish trooper (headlights are gone but has wide flares), bunch of 91-97 Rodeos and 1 4x4 2.6L pickup (rotted and gutted). 2 troopers. one v6 4d automatic and ONE 86 ROUND EYE 2.3L manual.....speak up on that one. grille is 35.00 (saw top two tabs damaged) and headlights are 10 each.

some of the 91-92 v6 rodeos have full tach/gauges. i can grab them if anyone is interested. WONT work on the 4 bangers, the tach would be incorrect.

prices out there are a little pricey but CHEAP compared to NJ.....its a 2hour drive out and the yard is mile long, mile wide so its A LOT of walking......driving. they have a shuttle van driving around too....its great!!

i got a hood from there from a 95.5 Rodeo, few small dings, 35.00. compared to a NEW CHINA MADE hood, my cost of 165.00......a little filler and done... NO RUST AT ALL too..the new aftermarket ones come WITH rust :)

im going for some Rodeo headlights 91-97 style, 48/pr (composites are more) and clean, OEM glass ones, not aftermarket plastic. also some smaller stuff to clean up my spacecab. let me know if anyone wants anything or look for. ill have my phone on me, take pics and i can send them to you before i remove anything.
thanks
Ron

ALSO, you commit to a part,you must pay for that part. ive had too many people just vaporize off the site after they say they want a part, i get it, box it, weigh it and get a shipping cost (what i pay) and NOTHING.....so dont ask to pull an axle and cost me 80.00 and then POOF!!! ok im NOT pulling axles but....

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The whole grille and corner lenses are there....not sure what you mean...its been 15 years since i had a 86 Trooper

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the front turn signals but they're missing the orange plastic cover, So i was seeing if the one you saw had the orange plastic reflector on the front of the turn signals. If they do, I'll take the turn signals/corner lens/ blinker with reflectors.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I could use the hood release pull cable in its entirety from the 86 if it is in good shape. Mine just broke and its a pain pulling on the wire from behind the grill! I dont need the actual latch on the body, just the cable/wire from stopper to handle in the cab. Thanks for the offer, BTW.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they should all be the same, correct???? 84-91 since the hood is the same...any one confirm JUST incase the cable is busted on the 86 i can look at the 87-91 (unsure of actual year) 4dr there...

·
Registered
233 Posts
lowzone said:
The whole grille and corner lenses are there....not sure what you mean...its been 15 years since i had a 86 Trooper
Ron, just an FYI, the Whole grill, Headlights, and Corner lenses are not there......

Ask me how I know! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,222 Posts
Could use the sliding window locks off the 1986 if its a 2 door. Also the hood hold up rod snaps into 2 black plastic pieces in front of the radiator

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they should be the same clips on the 2drs, ill see if any other troopers are there. its a HUGE lot. its the rocker catch, held in by 2 screws? as far as the rod snaps. i have one here from the RS i think, just have to find it. the other was broke. it holds the crank for the jack too, correct???

Ron

·
Registered
233 Posts
I saw 3 troopers and I walked the entire SUV sections. 1 was a 99 LS, 1 was the 86 Round Eye 2 door, and 1 was the early 90s 4 door with a v6

·
Registered
233 Posts
oh, and I was just there yesterday.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Ron, I'm in need of the passenger side fog lamp from a 98-99 Rodeo. I'm also mildly interested in a set of Upper Control Arms from a 2nd Gen Rodeo, and a set of the clear 00-02 Rodeo headlamps. The fog lamp is a priority, but the other two parts are only an interest. If the price is right for the control arms and lenses I may go for em. Let me know what you can do/get. If you've still got my number just shoot me a text whenever. Thanks buddy!

-Robert

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Robert,
the one with foglights, the passengerside was cracked otherwise i would have grabbed the set last time. i got the switch (sold already) from it so i remember the truck well. it was a 98-99 style, no 00-02 headlights, the only 2nd gens were 98-99. ill look. i know its not a 00-02 but check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand-Ne ... 20b1c7d48e

i think there is a passengerside on ebay too....

·
Registered
676 Posts
lowzone said:
Robert,
the one with foglights, the passengerside was cracked otherwise i would have grabbed the set last time. i got the switch (sold already) from it so i remember the truck well. it was a 98-99 style, no 00-02 headlights, the only 2nd gens were 98-99. ill look. i know its not a 00-02 but check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand-Ne ... 20b1c7d48e

i think there is a passengerside on ebay too....
Wow that aint a bad price honestly. I may go that route for my headlights. How much would they want for the upper control arms?

My passenger side fog lamp is cracked too and it goes through bulbs like a truck possessed.

-Robert

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,222 Posts
Yep, those are the clips, they also hold the crank rod for the jack. Also the sliding window locks are held fast to the window with 3 phillips screws. There hard to find.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
itsmehb said:
Yep, those are the clips, they also hold the crank rod for the jack. Also the sliding window locks are held fast to the window with 3 phillips screws. There hard to find.
ahhhhhhhh, my RS clips were held in with 2 screws. ill look.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Ron if you find a 2 door trooper from 87-88 get me the rear seat belt covers, I need both of them theyre made of plastic. color doesn't matter
this is the best pic I could find

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Defogger mirrors + switch ( i am headed to yard this week, if i don't find them i will text you to confirm that you can still look for me)

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
94Rodayo4x4 said:
Defogger mirrors + switch ( i am headed to yard this week, if i don't find them i will text you to confirm that you can still look for me)
they were burgandy, from a Honda Passport, any issues with that???

1 - 20 of 35 Posts