Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, luckily I was able to get the last piece yesterday. So what now guys, who would like to be the custodian of this? Let me know because I'd like to make sure that, ideally, Planeteers who would want to have a copy of the scoop will get theirs. And it will be good to see that our trucks are not alone :D

It's either I send this original piece as it is to the US or send a fiberglass mold of it. With the original piece, to whomever I sent it to would have to reproduce it. With the fiberglass mold, that's one step less of the reproduction process. Personally, I'd just like to send the original. I'm sure the fiberglass process there is much better than it is here.

For the grille inside the scoop hole, it's just flat plastic which I'm sure can be easily copied with either flat, light grade sheet metal then glued unto the sides.

Let me know what you guys want. Below are the pics, pardon the dust and grime. But it is in very good condition. Notice the faded "intercooler" decal on its side.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
That is awesome, I've always wanted one. I could have copies made but I bet they wont be cheap. Still if we get enough 1st gen guys interested I could front some $$ and have some made.

Too bad there isn't a diesel engine bolted to that hood scoop...

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Sounds good to me. Have no idea as to the repro cost. Sure would like one. What's the shipping costs to Vancouver?

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
To whomever becomes the Custodian:
Just a thought...
But has anyone heard from Daniel (Trooper4Life) recently? ...EVER?? --- Daniel's expertise with fiberglass (building boats for a living) would undoubtedly speed this project along. --- And I'm sure that a hood scoop would be a whole lot easier and more cost-effective to reproduce than the 1st Gen Trooper fender flares that Daniel created several years ago.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how one of those things looks when its sitting on the front cladding of a VX ;)

Cheers!
Smiley

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
I have no idea to whom you refer to Smiley.I have no problem with Matt being the custodian. He appears to be very detail oriented and I'm confident he would accept nothing less than a quality reproduction. I'm willing to share the upfront costs to Jacub and the shipping from waaaaay over there. If I find the repro to be cost prohibitive, I guess that's my tough poop.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already asked one fiber glass shop for an estimate. To give you guys an idea of the pricing here, the mold and initial copy would cost about US$119. Succeeding copies would be US$32.50 each. That's at 46.50 Phil Pesos exchange rate.

I have yet to get a quote from the courier for shipping cost. I think I can handle the cost, the item is very light anyways (thanks for the offer shooter). But will still have to consider the added dimension and weight of the crating.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Thanks Jacubs. Keep us posted please.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Smiley said:
To whomever becomes the Custodian:
Just a thought...
But has anyone heard from Daniel (Trooper4Life) recently? ...EVER?? --- Daniel's expertise with fiberglass (building boats for a living) would undoubtedly speed this project along. --- And I'm sure that a hood scoop would be a whole lot easier and more cost-effective to reproduce than the 1st Gen Trooper fender flares that Daniel created several years ago.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how one of those things looks when its sitting on the front cladding of a VX ;)

Cheers!
Smiley
Anyone know how to get in touch with him? And what is this story about fender flares?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I would love one and I bet alot of others would to so I dont think it would have a problem selling.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Guys,

I'd be willing to pay in on duplication.

I might also add that I did an experiment last night with some mold making material that I recently purchased. (Smiley knows what I'm talking about) I'll be posting the end results when I see how it turned out. If it works, it will be possible to duplicate the scoop fairly easily.

I'm envisioning a carbon fiber scoop on the RS right now!

Also, I think some of the Pup guys over on Isuzupup.com would be interested. I think the scoop was the same on Turbo D Pups. (very rare items)

I'll post up on their site to see how much interest it sparks.

Edit: Done

Joe

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Great Joe. Thanks.

shooter

·
Registered
734 Posts
I think you can count me in for one also :lol:

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I'm down. I want one for sure. I'm doing a custom repaint of the trooper pretty soon anyway so it sounds like a perfect time to add a scoop to me. Let me know how I can help out in the process. This is exciting because this will be something that really only planet member's will have. We should think about a custom logo or something.. sort of an underground :wink: to other planet members.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Great idea!

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
What a talented guy. Sounds like a good dude too.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
So I stay off the computer for one night and get to bed early and this is what I find waiting for me after work. :D :D Fantastic job Jacobs!! Best news I've had all day. If there is anything I do to move this along, definitely let me know. Be it helping with the cost of shipping/transporting it over here or whatever. And by all means keep us updated on the reproduction costs in the Phillipines. We'll have to compare costs and determine which would be more cost effective. Anyway, can't say it enough Jabobs, you are the MAN!!

Do we have a Planetisuzoo Member of the Month/Year for contributions above and beyond? Ya got my vote Jacobs.

Leland

·
Registered
213 Posts
They do look good on, kind of break up all the square lines.

Here is mine with the scoop.

They are fitted with rubber bellows to seal against the intercooler surround. You all fitting turbos to your gassers? 8) :lol:

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Yep. That scoop just belongs.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.