Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Just once

1K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  BigSwede 
#1 ·
Just once I'd like to see an entire horror/sci-fi movie where the monster goes through all the usual stages. Eating, transmogrifying, growing tentacles and spikes. Looking sooper evil. Etc...

And then right at the end, getting run over and killed by a car, or something, without any notice from the driver. Just before it gets to the point where it could attack a human.

LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#7 ·
Well the original War of the Worlds is sorta like that, where the aliens have the humans on the run and then catch sick and die of some disease...(sorry if I spoilt the ending for anybody, but it's a black and white movie for chrissake).

#8 ·
BigSwede said:
Well the original War of the Worlds is sorta like that, where the aliens have the humans on the run and then catch sick and die of some disease...(sorry if I spoilt the ending for anybody, but it's a black and white movie for chrissake).
That was a good ending. I guess you haven't seen the remake with Tom Cruise, it's in color and HD!

#9 ·
BigSwede said:
Yeah, but they killed people.

And did a lot of wanton destruction and mayhem.

What I am talking about is a slow but steady rise in menace.

A buildup of the threat of murder and mayhem on a global scale. Nay, universal scale !!

And then... Right before the thing actually becomes a threat to humans, it is killed by toilet ice falling from the sky. (From a plane.)

Or a kid rushes out a door to go play, and crushes it behind the door.

Or, unaware of trains, is crossing the tracks and...

IOW, despite the immense buildup of intent of murder and destruction on a global scale... The "monster" is killed in some way that is nonchalant, unintended, simple, and leaves the world completely unaware the threat ever existed.

Kinda like the bully stomping around the playground, alone. Building up a rage of legendary proportion. Making plans. Laying weapons in key locations. Then right before all the other kids come out to play, he gets his foot stuck in a grate or something. Out of sight. And no one even knows he's there.

#11 ·
Maybe you could see the whole build up of this creature being born,

then it begins to hunt immediatly.

It could be tracking something in a forest,

and as it's about to attack whatever its hunting,

a bicycle tire runs over it and you realize it was the size of a roach?

#12 ·
grobrooks said:
Maybe you could see the whole build up of this creature being born,

then it begins to hunt immediatly.

It could be tracking something in a forest,

and as it's about to attack whatever its hunting,

a bicycle tire runs over it and you realize it was the size of a roach?
Great !

But a roach that could take down an elephant in a single lunge !

#13 ·
Ruination said:
Did you watch Pinky and the Brain back in the day too? :lol:

It always never fails that my attempts to take over the world fail every weekend :cry:
Pinky and the brain. I think I saw part of an episode once. Maybe on youtube.

I've gotta see if the library has any dvds of them.

They do !! Three dvds.

Putting them on hold as I speak/type.

#17 ·
Way Amigo said:
I'm thinking of that mighty invasion fleet swallowed by a small dog in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy :)
Excellent !!

grobrooks said:
Selador, if you haven't seen that movie look for it. The dog part isn't in the movie but it's right up your alley. I've somehow managed not reading it and hopefully will get it for my B-Day.
Just now put that one on hold, too.

(The 2005 version.)

#18 ·
OK, how about the end of "Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry"? They aren't aliens or monsters, but the ending kinda fits...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.