Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its been a bit from the last time I have been on this site, however I just bought a new isuzu and now I can feel like part of the fam again :)
I know I did this all backwards but I ended up buying a 2000 LSE Rodeo for $3999.00 using two trade in's (that i got for free!) I only ended up paying cash $1,300 for it. Got home started doing some homework and found out that this year of Rodeo has many many engine problems with the aluminum block etc... every thing sounds great on it; no major ticking, shifts great... check engine light comes and goes something to do with the EGR valve the reader says but other then that no bad at all... guess what I am asking are the do's and donts, what to watch for etc.. also thinking about instaling a few more gauges like oil pressure, trans temp, vacuum pressure etc. so, what do the zoo's think : )

Thanks
Zach

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
the engine is a non-interference engine , but you still may want to change the timing belt/water pump , if the tranny fluid looks ok you still may want to drop the pan and change the tranny filter/fluid , keep yor eye on the engine oil level until you can figger out how much oil it uses.

if the ac blows pretty cool i would not add any 134 , many people try to make the ac colder by adding more freon and end up with a bad ac system.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, ok cool. didnt know the diff between Non/interfernce engines now that I googled it I know... glad to hear its a non and thanks for the info
Zach

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
i would add , i have owned 7 rodeos , all auto trannys , i have put a long trucool transmission cooler on everyone of them , its hot here in phx , not knowing the temp range where you are at , as that will tell if you want it before or after the radiator tranny cooler , either case you should think strongly about putting one on your isuzu.

here in phx i have always put it after the radiator cooler, the long cooler has a bypass to bypass the plates when its cold.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
His climate is probably very similar to mine, I re-routed mine so that its now installed "before" the stock radiator. Adding a trans coolers is a very good idea.

For other tips on the 2000+ Rodeo, there are some good ones in this similar thread.
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50656

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is it possible I may already have a trans cooler? just went out and looked and an elictric fan is in front of what looks to be a 2nd radiator?? great thread btw too thanks.. Also where might I find out what my option codes are; 54H , DH6, C60, 58C, 7WD, GT5 & 7LK :)

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
The "2nd Radiator" is the condensor unit for the A/C system. Same with the electric fan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts