Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found a 94 Trooper to swap the dohc to my sohc Rodeo. Going tomorrow to pull the whole engine ( figured it would be easier than attempting to pull the heads from the yard and possibly breaking bolts) since that's the case I was wondering if anyone had specs on the tools I would be needing . Engine mount bolt socket sizes ? Transmission bolts socket size ? Exhaust manifold bolts and nuts socket size ? And any other info or quick tips would be greatly appreciated . Sorry this is a last minute post .

·
Registered
257 Posts
Murphy's Law was written at a wrecking yard. For openers, absolutely bring your entire socket set, breaker and pry bar if you have them. At least a hacksaw in case you have to cut a rusty pipe or hanger. Pliers, visegrips, asst. screwdrivers, anything else that will fit in the truck. Better to have too many tools than too little as things have a way of going south on jobs like this.
BTDT. Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
If you're pulling from an automatic, you're going to want a zero offset 17 mm for torque converter bolts. Dennis

Reactions: lorenzo816

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its official !! A long road lies ahead but I look forward to keeping everyone updated on the progress and will appreciate any help along the way . This has been many years in the making ... I will post in a few days my vision of this hybrid 1st gen rodeo 🤠 stay tuned !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts