Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 88 trooper wants to jump into four wheel drive and i hear my aotu lockers teeth wanting to engage. i have to put my vehicle into four wheel high take off than after a few feet i take it out of high then i can drive my trooper what is going on!!!!! does ant know why?
:?

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I've never heard of one wanting to go into 4wd, I've heard of one's that wouldn't stay in 4wd.

Anyway there are two 19mm bolts that are in the top of the t-case on the passenger side.

Sorry for the large pic but I wanted to be able to show what was needed.

If you look at the tranny in the front, just above the u-joint, you will see the head of a bolt, and right beside it (back in the shadow a bit) you can see the other one.

These two bolts hold springs and detent balls in place to hold your t-case shifter where you put it. Your bolts most likely are not tight, if they are you may need to replace the spring as yours may be too weak to do it's intended job.

Joe

·
Registered
4,649 Posts

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Now that is a high tech fix. Not typical at all for Tad

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had my right front auto hub try lock in a few weeks ago while doing 45mph on my way to school. I had it in 4wd the day before trying to pull my front bumper back straitish. My t-case started making some not so pleasent noise but the shifter never moved. I pulled over and backed up about 20 yards and it hasn't done it since. I'd say get rid of those pos auto hubs an put a set of manuals on there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.