Isuzu SUV Forum banner

jeffryscott's 2002 Trooper

942 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jeffryscott 
#1 ·
Back in a Trooper. Started with a 96 Rodeo then went to a 99 Trooper, traded the 99 for a built 96 Land Rover and have had a few Land Rovers and Toyotas in between. Decided on another Trooper for its mix of off and on-road ability, reliability and space.

Mods will be limited, added 265/75/16 Michelin LTX AT tires, an Alpine ipod-compatible stereo with Polk speakers all around and have on order OME springs and shocks along with a set of rock sliders. A 50-quart ARB fridge fits into the mix and an Oztent RV-4 will ride in a Yakima XL storage box when camping.

See less See more
#2 ·
That's an awesome pic. Looks to be very clean! Great find. :D

#5 ·
The Old Man Emu and rock slider kit should be here Friday, but I won't be able to install it until Monday with my work schedule.

This morning I got my 2-meter radio installed and operational. The Yaesu 1802 model fits in a DIN slot and is small enough that it has plenty of air circulation to keep it from overheating.

I am debating roof rack options. I have the factory rack, which I believe will suffice for now. But I have the TR-100 adapters for the factory mounting points on the roof and have considered a heavier duty rack.

I am also debating rear storage. I have a set of drawers mostly made (from a previous vehicle) but they need slight alteration to fit the Trooper. I have a love/hate relationship with drawer systems, so I need to sit down and figure out if I can make the drawer system fit my current needs, or if I should start from scratch.

I am hoping to go camping Labor Day and hope to have all the bits pieced together by then. At that point, I can modify items as I get a better sense of what does and doesn't work. Stay tuned ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.