Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I was (still am) going to buy a train horn kit. The top of the line (real horn) was 1000-2000. This is the one I was going to buy, although it is 150 lower than a year or so. I say go for it. Its a nice kit. Show me where you mount your compressor and if noise is an issue. Also dont expect long blasts, just short 2-3 sec toots (imo thats all you need)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
hey king
i live near long beach, calif. and i hear that they might be getting rid of one of the air horns from the Queen Mary. i'll see if i can get a price for you. i know that it's from a famous ship, but i can't see it selling for more than $10,000.00. that would really be bitchin' on your trooper.

cheers, john

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
The bottom line is that 75% of the stuff from Harbor Freight is throw away garbage. Some of the stuff they sell is decent, like their engine hoists and tranny jacks (I have both from HF and they are decent) but for power tools and most of their hand tools, I would just not waste your money.

Bart

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nfpgasmask said:
The bottom line is that 75% of the stuff from Harbor Freight is throw away garbage. Some of the stuff they sell is decent, like their engine hoists and tranny jacks (I have both from HF and they are decent) but for power tools and most of their hand tools, I would just not waste your money.

Bart
lesson learn. :sad1:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
govno90 said:
hey king
i live near long beach, calif. and i hear that they might be getting rid of one of the air horns from the Queen Mary. i'll see if i can get a price for you. i know that it's from a famous ship, but i can't see it selling for more than $10,000.00. that would really be bitchin' on your trooper.

cheers, john
it wood be bitchin :lol:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dryvr12 said:
I was (still am) going to buy a train horn kit. The top of the line (real horn) was 1000-2000. This is the one I was going to buy, although it is 150 lower than a year or so. I say go for it. Its a nice kit. Show me where you mount your compressor and if noise is an issue. Also dont expect long blasts, just short 2-3 sec toots (imo thats all you need)
ill let you know bro. 8)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dryvr12 said:
just a heads up, the horns i was lookin at were the hornblaster shocker series. theyre pricey, about $500, but from what ive read on train horn forums and seen on youtube, they are the best thing short of some nathans (legit horns)

These may not be as loud as the one you posted the link for, but this sounds like a real train. The maximus, from what ive heard, is junk.

http://www.hornblasters.com/products/ca ... -horn-kits

http://www.trainhornforums.com/showthre ... 830&page=2
thank you buddy 8)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
yeah, dont mention it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts