Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so driving home from work today I past a cop going the other direction. No big deal happens all the time I wasn't doing anything wrong. I see him in the rearview turn around, I had the mental thought, who is he going to get? Then I find out, ME!! Im thinking WTF. So I pull over and he comes to my door, but he don't ask the usual question. Do you know why I pulled you over? No, he comes right out with it and says, I pulled you over because your "Jeep" matches the description of someone with warrants. I was so took back by this from someone trained to give accurate descriptions of vehicles, I actually started laughing right in front of him. He asked me what was so funny, I simply said "nothing" and regained composure. He takes my ID to check me for warrants, then comes back pretty quick and says "I guess its not a Jeep, your ok to go, drive safe" and hands me my ID.
Hahahahaha!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :salute: :scratch: :idea1: :thefinger:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Deet da dee! Excuse me officer but I don't drive no stinkin' Heep!

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

thats funny

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Well it looks like a Jeep...oh wait, no it doesn't. :roll:

Maaaaybe a little sorta kinda like a Commander, but that's about it.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Can you see the heep in this picture?

Me neither!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought you guys wood get a kick out of that. The whole mistaken identity of my Trooper can really be annoying at times, and other times I can really have fun with it by going along with it and adding some real BS. Like " It's a special addition only produced for 6 months in Canada only" :angel12:
However, this incident completely caught me off guard. It was clear he was confused and not amused by my reaction of blatant laughter. I can't believe he thought this was a heep.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Your tax dollars at work... :roll:

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
What an asshat. I loose more respect for traffic cops every day. He had no reason to pull you over.

I was following a girlfriend home from dinner the other night.. we were doing just over 55 (to say we were doing 60 is a stretch, since she drives like a grandma!)

As we passed the cop under the bridge, he pulled out and cut me off to pull her over.. Gets her pulled over and said he clocked her at 71!!!! :evil: :evil:

She said that was incorrect, so he asked her when she got a speeding ticket last (she has a clean record). When he found that out, he wrote her a ticket for 60 in a 55, circling 71 MPH. My blood boiled when I found out. End of the month BS.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Cops have an extremely difficult job. Traffic stops are the most dangerous thing they do, due to the unpredictable nature of it. If he pulled you over, chances are he had a good reason. Granted, I know there are plenty of crappy cops out there, but to make the generalization that they all are dumb, lazy asses who have nothing better to do than pull you over for trivial things is unfair. I'm tired of people disrespecting them just because they happened to be inconvenienced by being stopped or even given a ticket.
Cops protect us every day, in many more ways than we see. Without them, our happy little democracy we're used to would be replaced by chaos and crime.
Have some respect, people!

And no, I am not a cop, for those of you who are bound to ask- but I am on the road to be one
Sorry for the lecture and the aggression but I take comments like this personally and I need to set the record straight.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I just can't wait till I get pulled over for some stupid crap like this and I get to tell him that I have concealed carry...
Of a .454, 5 shot revolver.

Just 9 more months.

Oh and just to clarify, I have been pulled over before for "suspicious activity"

The State Trooper (lol) said that I was swerving a little too much for his liking and that my vehicle could very easily be used for transporting illegal narcotics.
So he asked me to vacate my vehicle after I consented to a search. He pulled off all my interior panels including the blank on the 30 door. Hahaha, he didn't even check underneath the buckets of the center console... :roll:

What was actually happening?
My steering is pretty loose (I think it's from a bar being bent, that ought not be bent hah) and I was driving 65mph on a day with wind gusts in excess of 20 mph...
I was in my lane, but kinda bouncing from side to side. :lol:

Edit:
And in response to the "...protect us every day, in many more ways than we see."
What about the people keeping the bad guys locked up?
Hah it's funny, cops put the guys behind bars and get all the credit. Being a correctional officer, dealing with the baddies on the inside, I never once got a free donut or cup of coffee out of it :roll:

·
Registered
928 Posts
You quoted it yourself- "in many more ways than we see..."
In my book, a corrections officer is still a "cop"
And their work is not often seen
Thus, cops help us in many more ways than we see...

And also, just because your steering was loose and it was windy doesn't mean the officer was wrong to pull you over
He would have no idea about your specific steering in your car, so thus he sees you swerving, he pulls you over- he just did his job.
And while the statement that your car is easy to hide drugs in (or whatever he said- I'm on my iPhone and I can't quote) is not a great reason to search your vehicle, he was still doing what he was trained to do- act upon his suspicions. Instincts play a key role in law enforcement- and I'm sure you know that.
It's much more practical to stop crime before it starts, rather than waiting for the consequences. Searching a "suspicious vehicle" is one way of stopping it in it's tracks.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Completely agree, it was just the high wind gusts in my "sailbox"
Hahaha hard to keep in a straight line without a wind anywho!
Oh I had no problem with it, just another goofy Isuzu story I figured I'd share.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Ok good! Again, sorry for being hostile! When you put your rants in text form they can come out so much worse...

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
streetersam said:
Cops have an extremely difficult job. Traffic stops are the most dangerous thing they do, due to the unpredictable nature of it. If he pulled you over, chances are he had a good reason. Granted, I know there are plenty of crappy cops out there, but to make the generalization that they all are dumb, lazy asses who have nothing better to do than pull you over for trivial things is unfair. I'm tired of people disrespecting them just because they happened to be inconvenienced by being stopped or even given a ticket.
Cops protect us every day, in many more ways than we see. Without them, our happy little democracy we're used to would be replaced by chaos and crime.
Have some respect, people!

And no, I am not a cop, for those of you who are bound to ask- but I am on the road to be one
Sorry for the lecture and the aggression but I take comments like this personally and I need to set the record straight.
Sorry I offended you, but people have rights... and I think anyone deserves the same amount of respect that they provide others with. I've known good LEOs and I've known bad ones. No-one pulls me over to ask me how my day is.. If I'm speeding I deserve a ticket, and I will pay it. It's when I'm straight forward with them and I get lied to that gets me frustrated. Too many times have I personally seen others get screwed over or disrespected by a LEO having a bad day recently.

Just so you don't think I'm singling out traffic cops here.. I hate everyone that sucks at their jobs enough that it effects other people's lives. This is just one example. I could tell worse stories about the doctors I used to work with...

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Ruination said:
Sorry I offended you, but people have rights... and I think anyone deserves the same amount of respect that they provide others with. I've known good LEOs and I've known bad ones. No-one pulls me over to ask me how my day is.. If I'm speeding I deserve a ticket, and I will pay it. It's when I'm straight forward with them and I get lied to that gets me frustrated. Too many times have I personally seen others get screwed over or disrespected by a LEO having a bad day recently.

Just so you don't think I'm singling out traffic cops here.. I hate everyone that sucks at their jobs enough that it effects other people's lives. This is just one example. I could tell worse stories about the doctors I used to work with...
x2 ^

And I was an MP in the army, and a sherriff's deputy when I got out of the service.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Thank you for clarifying.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Paint chip said:
Ok, so driving home from work today I past a cop going the other direction. No big deal happens all the time I wasn't doing anything wrong. I see him in the rearview turn around, I had the mental thought, who is he going to get? Then I find out, ME!! Im thinking WTF. So I pull over and he comes to my door, but he don't ask the usual question. Do you know why I pulled you over? No, he comes right out with it and says, I pulled you over because your "Jeep" matches the description of someone with warrants. I was so took back by this from someone trained to give accurate descriptions of vehicles, I actually started laughing right in front of him. He asked me what was so funny, I simply said "nothing" and regained composure. He takes my ID to check me for warrants, then comes back pretty quick and says "I guess its not a Jeep, your ok to go, drive safe" and hands me my ID.
Hahahahaha!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :salute: :scratch: :idea1: :thefinger:
Same thing happened to me with a lady cop a few months ago. Except instead of calling it a jeep she thought it was a reportedly stolen Hyundai! Who knows how she got that mixed up..

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Brendon, you sure you're not mad that the guy was hitting on your girl? :lol:
I can see it play out. Bored cop sees pretty girl drive by.,Hmmmm, ill pull her over, get a better look, maybe get a date.
Girl not receptive and gives attitude, cop sees she has boyfriend, gives her a ticket. :wink:
Girl been wined and dined but mad cause she got ticket.
Boyfriend shut out for night.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Cronk said:
Brendon, you sure you're not mad that the guy was hitting on your girl? :lol:
I can see it play out. Bored cop sees pretty girl drive by.,Hmmmm, ill pull her over, get a better look, maybe get a date.
Girl not receptive and gives attitude, cop sees she has boyfriend, gives her a ticket. :wink:
Girl been wined and dined but mad cause she got ticket.
Boyfriend shut out for night.
I'm just flattered you assume I take pretty girls out to dinner!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts