1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Isuzu Vehicross... I want one.

But, In Australia, they still sell for $20,000
I am not going to pay this.

I have heard the Vehicross shares the same chassis as the 92-97 RS Trooper, is this true?

Although I may not be able to own a True Vehicross, I can however, do a body swap! If I import a body from the UK to Australia
I hear they are either 3.2 or 3.5 petrols with the 4L30e... I would be able to have the 3.2 with the 4L30e, or the 4JG2 with AW40-30 or MUA5...

....verrrry tempting....

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Yes RS Trooper frame and mechanicals, TOD AWD, 4L30E, a standard 12-bolt rear not the modified 12-bolt. I believe they borrowed the interior from a Rodeo...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers :) going to hunt for a vehicross body to send home

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
I have an idea, I will buy you a nice VX here in the States. You buy me a nice Ford XA/XB/XC coupe over there, even if the drive train is broke or missing, as long as it is rust free, and we can do a 1:1 swap. :)

I'm game if you are. I know some good guys who do shipping on both ends. I'm still sad about selling my Falcon, but she was stuffed up beyond belief.

Bart

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your steering wheels are on the wrong side, a conversion costs $25,000 with the mod plating and engineering
and is forever labelled as a grey import
and i can only import one, if i go through an import business, or i live in the US for 1 year

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
chikoroll said:
Your steering wheels are on the wrong side, a conversion costs $25,000 with the mod plating and engineering
and is forever labelled as a grey import
and i can only import one, if i go through an import business, or i live in the US for 1 year
So it is illegal to drive a LHD vehicle down under? Here in the States we can drive a RHD vehicle, but there is a LOAD of mumbo jumbo to get a grey market vehicle street legal as well. I went through hell trying to rego my Falcon when I had it. I finally gave up and then ended up selling the rusted heap...long story, but yeah, a MAJOR pain.

So if you import from the UK or Japan and get a RHD VX, how does that alleviate the "grey market" status? Simply because it is RHD? How does that work?

Bart

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can import parts, and perform swaps on the vehicles here

i am still unsure of the legallities of body swaps from internationals, but engines are fine, as long as they are the same model (ubs69 3.1 and 3.2) or (ubs26 3.0 and 3.5)

nope, no LHD, unless manufactured before 1970ish...
and all LHD must be on club registration (weekend meets and stuff, all low milage)... kinda stupid, but it retains the value of all vehicles in Australia

Troopers sell for $10,000 at home...
Troopers sell for $1,600 in the UK (after currency conversion!)

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
chikoroll said:
Troopers sell for $10,000 at home...
Troopers sell for $1,600 in the UK (after currency conversion!)
WOW! Yeah, over here, used Troopers can be had for quite cheap. I mean, super nice late model Troopers with the 3.5 might cost you $6000-$8000, but 1st gens are typically $2000 or less, and 2nd gens (3.2s) $5000 or less.

You guys have a boat load of awesome other 4x4s to choose from though. We got Jeeps and Pickups. :(

Bart

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
unfortunately, we do have more.. but here it's just gu patrols or 80 series or 100 series landcruisers... anything else, and you arn't considered "man" muchlike the stupid jeep attitude your boys have

your F trucks sell for $150,000 in Australia...
$20,000 for old school 80's versions

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
chikoroll said:
unfortunately, we do have more.. but here it's just gu patrols or 80 series or 100 series landcruisers... anything else, and you arn't considered "man" muchlike the stupid jeep attitude your boys have

your F trucks sell for $150,000 in Australia...
$20,000 for old school 80's versions
You talking about our Ford F Trucks? Over the summer I bought a 1969 F150 from a local guy here in Reno for $1100. It got shipped to Sydney.

:) Bart

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1978 i think is the cutoff for vehicle imports - anything older is classed as a vintage vehicle, and can be imported

1 - 12 of 12 Posts