Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, does anyone know the importation and or production numbers for Troopers in the US? Like, we know roughly 4,100 VehiCROSSes were imported to the US, but what about Troopers? Does anyone have a chart showing the various trims, RSes, years, etc?

Just curious.

Bart

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
nfpgasmask said:
Hey, does anyone know the importation and or production numbers for Troopers in the US? Like, we know roughly 4,100 VehiCROSSes were imported to the US, but what about Troopers? Does anyone have a chart showing the various trims, RSes, years, etc?

Just curious.

Bart
THERE WERE APPROX 330.000 84-91 TROOPERS OF ALL MODELS, DONT HAVE OR NEVER SAW THE MODEL BREAK DOWN, PROB DOESNT EVEN EXIST ANY MORE , THE 92 AND LATER AVERAGED CLOSE TO 45 K EACH YEAR . WHERE DID THEY ALL GO.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
JLEMOND said:
nfpgasmask said:

Just curious.

Bart
THERE WERE APPROX 330.000 84-91 TROOPERS OF ALL MODELS, DONT HAVE OR NEVER SAW THE MODEL BREAK DOWN, PROB DOESNT EVEN EXIST ANY MORE , THE 92 AND LATER AVERAGED CLOSE TO 45 K EACH YEAR . WHERE DID THEY ALL GO.
Jerry, I think they all went West. On my typical 35 mile commute plus errands each day, I probably see 40 -50 various Isuzus. I don't think that's an exageration, but perhaps I'll count to be sure :? Almost all Rodeo/Trooper, of course. Not many LS models either, mostly low-end stuff.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tatohead said:
Jerry, I think they all went West. On my typical 35 mile commute plus errands each day, I probably see 40 -50 various Isuzus. I don't think that's an exageration, but perhaps I'll count to be sure :? Almost all Rodeo/Trooper, of course. Not many LS models either, mostly low-end stuff.
Agreed. LOADS of Rodeos and Troopers in Reno...LOADS.

I am really curious to know though, how many RSes were imported in 89, etc. There's gotta be numbers somewhere.

Bart

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
There was that many imported? :shock: Howcome i have the only trooper in my entire town? (its not small either) Ive only ever seen maybe 3 first gen troopers in person in my entire life, and they were all at the junkyard. :(

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
1st gens are elusive around So.Cal but pop up once in awhile...I see lots of 2nd gens and one would think they still make Rodeos..I see several almost every day..The pups/trucks are harder to come across than 1st gens..and I can't remember the last time I saw an early Isuzu car..I really like the Impulse (especially the last years) and I just don't see them..I am a field service tech and so we are covering a lot of So. Cal and believe me I am always looking and the radar is on..lol

·
Registered
928 Posts
I know how you guys feel. I'm one of very few isuzus in my not so small town, and the surrounding area
I've had many people ask me what an Isuzu was...

It's weird though, I went to the only Advance near me, just over the border in Stamford CT...the store is literally 100 feet from I-95 and 100 feet back, and I saw 3 2nd gen troopers
Weird!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
streetersam said:
I know how you guys feel. I'm one of very few isuzus in my not so small town, and the surrounding area

It's weird though, I went to the only Advance near me, just over the border in Stamford CT...the store is literally 100 feet from I-95 and 100 feet back, and I saw 3 2nd gen troopers
Weird!
what were you doing in my town? Just kidding I literally live a block away from advance and you right, there's tons of rodeos, troopers even an 93 rs and a few turbo diesels.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
in my part of town first gen troopers are RARE!! I can use my fingers to count them in a month! rodeos are way more common tho thats for sure. theres plenty second gen of everything out here tho and they dont sell for cheap either

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
pmat said:
There was that many imported? :shock: Howcome i have the only trooper in my entire town? (its not small either) Ive only ever seen maybe 3 first gen troopers in person in my entire life, and they were all at the junkyard. :(
WELL WHEN YOU CONSIDER THAT 300.000 OR SO TROOPERS SPREAD OUT OVER 8 MODEL YEARS OVER THE ENTIRE U.S THAT ISNT A LOT OF VEH , ALL SO ABOUT 70 % OF ALL THOSE WERE SOLD IN THE SOUTH EAST AND SOUTH WEST STATES , ESP FLA AND TX , SAME WITH THE PICKUPS, CAL WAS NOT A BIG SALES STATE , NONE OF THE EASTERN STATE S WERE REALLY BIG DEALERS FOR ISUZU IN THE EARLY YEARS ,AND THE NORTHERN OR MID WEST STATES , THERE WERE SOME IN THE MID 80 THAT WE ONLY HAD 3-4 DLR,S IN THE WHOLE STATE , IN THE EARLY TO MID 90,S THERE WERE 13 DLR,S IN THE ATLANTA METRO AREA ALONE ,ALL WITHIN A 20 MI RADIOUS. RODEO SALES WERE FAR HIGHER IN ANY AREA ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY THAN ANY OTHER MODEL . LAFAYETTE IND WAS TURNING OUT THE RODEOS WHEN AT FULL STEAM ONE EVERY MIN AND 15 SECONDS

·
Registered
928 Posts
tonnydoodles said:
streetersam said:

Weird!
what were you doing in my town? Just kidding I literally live a block away from advance and you right, there's tons of rodeos, troopers even an 93 rs and a few turbo diesels.
You live in Stamford? That's crazy I had no idea!!! We should totally meet at the advance sometime lol...

If you see a gray 00 trooper there, it's me! lol

I didn't think anyone lived near me!!

It is weird though, how many isuzus are there...Maybe I saw yours!

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Interesting. I am surprised to see that more 1st gen Troopers were sold in 8 years than 2nd gens in 10 years. Seems like it should be the other way around. I think around here the 1st gens just rusted away, hardly any around.

Another interesting thing is that 1,470 Troopers were imported in 2003, I wasn't aware there were any after 2002.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pmat said:
I think for those who live out East, you see far fewer because most of them got salted and rusted out. Plus, out East you have more flat land and more urban environments that simply translates to more car sales and less SUV/Truck sales. When I lived in Chicago, I rarely, if ever saw a 1st gen Trooper, and I saw very few second gens. But then I moved to Reno, and like some of the others who live out west have mentioned, I see probably 30 Rodeos a day and easily 10-20 Troopers if I look for them. I see P'ups and Hombres too. My Pick n Pull ALWAYS has 5-10 Isuzus in the lot.

Bart

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cronk/Mark, thanks for those specs. Too bad it is not broken down by trim. To be honest, I was really after the 89 RS import numbers specifically. I am curious to know how rare they are when compared with the VX or the JR Impulses.

Anyway, this turned out to be a very interesting thread.

Jerry, my dad worked for Bauer Buick in the Chicago suburbs in the late 80s early 90s before we moved to Florida. It was a Buick/Isuzu dealer and that is when my parents bought a 94 Trooper and the a 96 a few years later when we lived in Florida. My mom still drives the 96.

Bart

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
nfpgasmask said:
Cronk/Mark, thanks for those specs. Too bad it is not broken down by trim. To be honest, I was really after the 89 RS import numbers specifically. I am curious to know how rare they are when compared with the VX or the JR Impulses.

Anyway, this turned out to be a very interesting thread.

Jerry, my dad worked for Bauer Buick in the Chicago suburbs in the late 80s early 90s before we moved to Florida. It was a Buick/Isuzu dealer and that is when my parents bought a 94 Trooper and the a 96 a few years later when we lived in Florida. My mom still drives the 96.

Bart
YEAH, WE HAD A LOT OF BUICK/ISUZU AND OLDS/ISUZU DLRS, ACTUALLY WE HAD A MIX OF DLR FROM ALL THE MAJORS WHEN THEY DIDNT HAVE ANY DECENT SMALL CARS ESP THE PICKUP,S AND THEN THE TROOPER , THE LEAST DLR MIX WAS CHEVY, FOR SOME REASON, ESP IN THE EARLY TO MID 80.S ,,,, A LOT OF THE DLR,S I WISH WE HAD NEVER SEEN, THEY MESSED UP MORE THAN THEY FIXED .

·
Registered
492 Posts
JLEMOND said:
pmat said:
WELL WHEN YOU CONSIDER THAT 300.000 OR SO TROOPERS SPREAD OUT OVER 8 MODEL YEARS OVER THE ENTIRE U.S THAT ISNT A LOT OF VEH , ALL SO ABOUT 70 % OF ALL THOSE WERE SOLD IN THE SOUTH EAST AND SOUTH WEST STATES , ESP FLA AND TX , SAME WITH THE PICKUPS, CAL WAS NOT A BIG SALES STATE , NONE OF THE EASTERN STATE S WERE REALLY BIG DEALERS FOR ISUZU IN THE EARLY YEARS ,AND THE NORTHERN OR MID WEST STATES , THERE WERE SOME IN THE MID 80 THAT WE ONLY HAD 3-4 DLR,S IN THE WHOLE STATE , IN THE EARLY TO MID 90,S THERE WERE 13 DLR,S IN THE ATLANTA METRO AREA ALONE ,ALL WITHIN A 20 MI RADIOUS. RODEO SALES WERE FAR HIGHER IN ANY AREA ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY THAN ANY OTHER MODEL . LAFAYETTE IND WAS TURNING OUT THE RODEOS WHEN AT FULL STEAM ONE EVERY MIN AND 15 SECONDS
Jerry, do you remember if Cartersville or Rome had one? I'm pretty sure I remember a dealer close by that dad would go to when he needed something quicker than he could drive to you.

I saw many more cars down south than I ever have up this way. That might be due to the fact that time has moved on and there are simply fewer Isuzu cars around, but I remember seeing Isuzu cars much more frequently around Atlanta than I ever have up here. In fact, in 8 years of living in Richmond, I've seen a grand total of 2 impulses (one JR and one JI) and only one other Stylus. Odd?

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Shabba said:
JLEMOND said:
pmat said:
Jerry, do you remember if Cartersville or Rome had one? I'm pretty sure I remember a dealer close by that dad would go to when he needed something quicker than he could drive to you.

I saw many more cars down south than I ever have up this way. That might be due to the fact that time has moved on and there are simply fewer Isuzu cars around, but I remember seeing Isuzu cars much more frequently around Atlanta than I ever have up here. In fact, in 8 years of living in Richmond, I've seen a grand total of 2 impulses (one JR and one JI) and only one other Stylus. Odd?
HEY COLLIN
YES THERE WAS A DLR IN ROME , FAMILY ISUZU , I THINK THEY WERE A BUICK, OR FORD DLR , BUT I BELIEVE IT WAS BUICK, NOTHING IN THE CARTERS VILLE AREA , BUT ONE IN GAINESVILLE , ONE IN MAREITTA, ONE IN ATHENS, THEN HUNTSVILLE , CULLMAN,4 IN BIRMINGHAM , LOTS OF DLR,S AT ONE TIME

1 - 20 of 30 Posts