Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey again! I completely vetoed my idea of a 3 inch lift for my trooper because the parts are rare, but now I am on to my next idea... I would like to mount like 4 fog lights on the roof, cheap ones, and ideas? help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
The less holes in the cabin the better. Do you have a roof rack?

Getting a basket type rack & using the front of it for light mounts is good.
Or if you have rails on the roof but no rack, get a single bar for the very front & use them to mount. The wiring is the fun part, either external & getto or internal & involved lol. Theres quick & then theres quality. Having a leaky roof is no fun so make sure you take your time.

~psguardian

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya I dont have any bars on the roof, just everything default if that makes any sense, could you derect me into the right thing to buy? and some cheap lights

·
Registered
282 Posts
You have several options. None of which are..."cheap."
Surco TR100 Roof Rack mounts, 60 Dollars, plus roof rack bars or unistrut.
Design your own mounts based on the Surco system
Find a OEM Roof rack, (next to impossible)

Then add lights accordingly.
For cheapest lights, wal mart. Can't say they will last forever.
For decent low end, Hella 500.
If you want to stay "cheap" get a universal light bar and bolt it to your roof. Use lots of silicone though, cause it will want to leak.

Beyond what I said, there is a ton of info already posted on this stuff. Just search for "trooper roof rack" and so on, you will find it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.