Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, I am currently interested in lifting my Isuzu trooper ( 1992, automatic trans ) about 3" with a cheap body lift. This is what I was thinking... http://www.jcwhitney.com/body-lift-kit/ ... 2518288.... would this work with my trooper and be the only thing I would have to buy for it? meaning like shocks and axles etc....... is it easy to install? help would be appreciated! :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
id4alien said:
Hello there, I am currently interested in lifting my Isuzu trooper ( 1992, automatic trans ) about 3" with a cheap body lift. This is what I was thinking... http://www.jcwhitney.com/body-lift-kit/ ... 2518288.... would this work with my trooper and be the only thing I would have to buy for it? meaning like shocks and axles etc....... is it easy to install? help would be appreciated! :D
Cheaper/easier than that is a set of shackles and a torsion twist.

Reactions: Ripah28

·
Registered
282 Posts
Actually, new rear springs. Which are around the same price. However will only give -2 inches in lift. But is also all you need.

Torsion bar crank after that, I assume you have auto hubs, so if those work, manual ones are not critical for CV saving.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
id4alien said:
The only reason for a body lift is to fit bigger tires. And it is literally what it says, a body lift, so no change to shocks or axles etc.

But, if you throw some OME coils on there, crank up the front torsion bars to match, you will be able to fit most any tire you reasonably would want, with the added bonus of ground clearance.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
:D body lifts rock.go for it.it sure makes a lot of jobs easier with the extra space between body and frame 8) recon

·
Registered
4,823 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:D alright, so just to clear it up a bit ( I know almost nothing about cars) I could just go with that 200$ body lift with the steering extension and that would work? how easy is it to install these? :? thank you for the answers.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
id4alien said:
:D alright, so just to clear it up a bit ( I know almost nothing about cars) I could just go with that 200$ body lift with the steering extension and that would work? how easy is it to install these? :? thank you for the answers.
Biggest question.
Where do you live?.......no not for free candy........ :shock: .........does your truck have
Any rust?
If its rust free its fairly easy,you can ref. My B/L thread as well as others.
You need basic tools and a floor jack....oh and some 2x4 scrap to build a quik fixture to lift body.(its in my post,as well as one smiley and bigpoppax2 wrote)

You have an auto so you need to drop your radiator.pcs to do this are in kit

If you have questions when your doing it just start a new thread in modify drivline

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Oops forgot to add this.....you will need access to a saw either cut off wheel,hacksaw or sawzall and a welder to modify your transfer case shifter and tranny shifter if a 5spd

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live around dever, I was thinking of buying the kit and bringing it by 4wheel auto parts to get a quote for the lift, any ideas how much it might cost, or what a could price would be to pay?

p.s the trooper is in great shape for a 92, its been in the family and has been kept in good care, it just leaks oil liek crazy

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
it's one of those things that we do in a day in the back yard.......BS'ing cooking, drinking :mrgreen: and then we wheel in the backyard.
Two people,no rust and the tools on hand 4 or 5 hours...easily a day adventure

·
Registered
160 Posts
shackles and a torsion twist can be done in under an hour and only cost 20 bucks =/ Dont let the price fool ya...its actually safer and better for your vehicle. If you so choose, you can do the body lift as well afterwords to get even more lift.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
98Issuzu said:
shackles and a torsion twist can be done in under an hour and only cost 20 bucks =/ Dont let the price fool ya...its actually safer and better for your vehicle. If you so choose, you can do the body lift as well afterwords to get even more lift.
LOL shackles on a coil sprung rig?

~psguardian

·
Registered
160 Posts
psguardian said:
98Issuzu said:

~psguardian
Sorry, i read rodeo. replace shackles with coil spacers. Same idea.

Bansil said:
:newb: :violent1:
You dont know me. **** off.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
98Issuzu said:
You dont know me. f__k off.
Hey now, it's just a little friendly ribbing. No worse then my post. Diff rig diff suspension is an acceptable excuse. And a fine correction on the fly. Not sure how long you lurked before joining, but we generally lack the 'internet tuff guy' & 'forum flamer' mentality. Drama doesn't live here. (I've had the same response & been reminded of what I'm telling you now) take any ribbing/poking & know that it's done with a smile, not malice.

[/intervention]

~psguardian

·
Registered
160 Posts
psguardian said:
98Issuzu said:
Hey now, it's just a little friendly ribbing. No worse then my post. Diff rig diff suspension is an acceptable excuse. And a fine correction on the fly. Not sure how long you lurked before joining, but we generally lack the 'internet tuff guy' & 'forum flamer' mentality. Drama doesn't live here. (I've had the same response & been reminded of what I'm telling you now) take any ribbing/poking & know that it's done with a smile, not malice.

[/intervention]

~psguardian

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
98Issuzu said:
psguardian said:
98Issuzu said:

~psguardian
Sorry, i read rodeo. replace shackles with coil spacers. Same idea.

Bansil said:
:newb: :violent1:
:wave: I'm glad I don't ...friendly rivalry....turns violent :thefinger:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.