Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FIRST....
I found a manufacture in Mexico to make the window gaskets, this is important to keep the cost down. All American manufactures wanted 3x the cost for a non-packaged product. Gaskets are going into production in 3 weeks! This gasket will stop your first gen windows from rattling, stop the wind whistle & seal out water. Ive installed the prototype on my Trooper and no issues to report.

NEXT.....
Currently working on factory style replacement seat skins. These will not be the useless Velcro in place type covers. To accompany this skin all new burlap, base padding and top foam will be pre-cut to fit your original seat frame. My aim is to have a full interior set available for first gen troopers that will cost in the $800 to $1500 range. There is a ton of materials that go into just one seat. At this point in time i don't think this will be a viable product due to cost...But only time will tell.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Alright! I love to see your initiative. I need a new driver window seal for my '99 Trooper, but planned on just getting one from a yard. I agree with your plan to table first gen stuff first. I hope this grows legs. Did you contact Euro and Australian companies to see if they were interested?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Same, I really need a rear window seal, are those unique for isuzu?

The others are still okay but on their way, will need those eventually.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright! I love to see your initiative. I need a new driver window seal for my '99 Trooper, but planned on just getting one from a yard. I agree with your plan to table first gen stuff first. I hope this grows legs. Did you contact Euro and Australian companies to see if they were interested?
I contacted about 20 different manufactures form all over the world. The problem with over seas is shipping cost. The money saved is eaten up by shipping. Plus the engineering process increases in thime and cost also due to shipping. I am using a manufacture near Tijuana
Mexico to produce these parts. This same company makes rubber parts for Toyota and Hino trucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts