Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 isuzu pickup that i wrecked and recently put back together. And now it wont start!
i charged the battery, i took out the starter and had it checked, it passed. Well im fresh out of ideas on what it could be. And im getting really frustrated with it. I would really love to be able to drive it again so any help woul be greatly appreciated.

thx
bret

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Ummm.....what all did you smooch when you wrecked it? Might have something to do with it.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
So, wont turn over at all, or just wont fire up?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wont turn over
i talked to my mechanic friend last night and just explaining to him he thinks it is seized, which is a pretty ****ty situation cause i would have to use all my bodywork money for a motor

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi,

There's a pretty easy way to tell if its siezed. First, chock the wheels and put the truck in neutral. Take the plugs out. Then you will need a large socket, I am thinking it might be a 33mm. You should be able to put the socket on the crank bolt, using a short extension and a breaker bar. It can be tricky, but usually you can work it around the fan and shroud, or lay on the ground and reach from the bottom, at least on a trooper. Things may be arranged different on a pup. You should be able to turn the engine over, clockwise, without too much straining, even if its a V6. Thats how i determined the motor on my '96 Trooper was froze after I hydro-locked it.

Adam

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
ok, im here it will be OK....ok seriously. The motor is probably not seized, but did you check the battery connections? When you turn the key on and door open, does the dome light dim alot when you try to hit start? If not, your motor shouldnt be seized. Did it run after the accident or did it jsut die right afterwards? Did the fuse box get damaged? There are alot of wires that go thru the bottom of the rad support that connects the ECM to the other side of the firewall, its like one BIG loop thru the dash out the fire wall, around the front back to the other side of the fire wall and thru. If any of the wires got cut, it may be the signal to your starter. You may have lost a ground to your starter (bolts to the battery tray from the batter then to the block). There are alot of possibilities. there is no inertia switch like Fords have that shut off the fuel incase of an accident. Are you fuel injected or carbed? OK OK you took out the A/C, the main ground to the block is right there by the P/S pump, did you reconnect it???? Ive seen worst hits keep running. Did you check the fuses? if your hood hit the + terminal of the battery it would have popped the 60 amp main fuse on you and thats not one to notice. Is there any power going to the dash? idiot lighhts? chimes? I blew the main fuse once from a poor wiring job someone did to the ignition and everything worked but the engine and starter, lights all worked, dash lights too etc. Try that first, its in the back of the fuse box inthe engine compartment. Take the lid off, facing the truck, it should be towards the back right, it should be yellow, look in the fuse window and see if its blown. Sounds stupid but if it is, loosen the screws and put a penny under it to TEST ONLY and screw it back down, this will allow current thru to TEST ONLY, did i mention TEST ONLY????.
Shoot me an email [email protected] if you need more help. or IM me lowzone1 on AIM. I build these trucks from parts, i know the 2.3L and 2.6L inside and out and have every part for them. Actually parting a 95 Pup (no engine or trans or wiring) for a v8 conversion and decided to put everything (v8) in my 92 longbed instead, so i have a partially stripped 95 pup. but i have alot of parts if you need them, let me know
good luck
Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.