Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm cruising through Longview in the Trooper when all of the sudden I spot an Impulse front end behind a trailer. I pulled over, spoke some Spanish to the employees working there and they gave me permission to take a look at it.
Did ANYONE else know they came in a hatchback?!
I'm bewildered!!

Still cool though 8)

Handling by Lotus...
Sooo strange on this one.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
may have been imported from Mexico, considering you said you had to habla en espanol.

Maybe their was a US version. RARE :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
thats crazy, pretty cool though. When i was younger i hated hatch backs, but i like them now. Funny how we evolve.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
My memory is telling me that the hatch was a later-year change after people realized that the back seats on the Geo Storm / Impulse were not usable due to the low glass.

I had a friend at the time (guy) buy a Storm brand new in 1991 with the original roofline and he thought it was the macho car of all time. I think the image of the car has morphed since then into being sort a 'chick' car.. do you agree?

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Tatohead said:
My memory is telling me that the hatch was a later-year change after people realized that the back seats on the Geo Storm / Impulse were not usable due to the low glass.

I had a friend at the time (guy) buy a Storm brand new in 1991 with the original roofline and he thought it was the macho car of all time. I think the image of the car has morphed since then into being sort a 'chick' car.. do you agree?
I thought of them as kind of chic car myself until I saw my friend at work's. He built that thing to such a degree that it was nearly unrecognizable as being a storm and it had some serious style. Done very nice. Still a very small car but sharp looking. I have since never seen another that looked better.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Please no one hate me for this, but the moment I saw it I thought:

Maybe they were a joint venture with Chevy back then too. I don't think it looks bad and I'm not mocking it, just brought back memorys.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
They are the same car. Geo storm = Isuzu impulse. Just different front clip.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
grobrooks said:
Well, while I walked away in the middle of my post everyone beat me to it. You guys are fast. Did they also have handling by Lotus?
no. Only Zu's :D

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No offense, but judging by the shop it was at I don't think anyone that brought their car there would know about rebadging and such.

Heh I'd reckon that it's just someone that ran across the car for cheap and snagged it. Though the interior was in quite nice condition!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Bob w/ a trooper said:
stusvend said:
Wait.

Does this mean there may be a geo source for the turbo manifold & turbo from the impulse?
No, I dont think so. I believe the storm came out a couple of years after the impulses with the turbo. Some goes for the lsd. I could be wrong but I asked my friend at work the same thing. I will say that I think the storm front end looked better.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
stusvend said:
Bob w/ a trooper said:
stusvend said:
Wait.

Does this mean there may be a geo source for the turbo manifold & turbo from the impulse?
No, I dont think so. I believe the storm came out a couple of years after the impulses with the turbo. Some goes for the lsd. I could be wrong but I asked my friend at work the same thing. I will say that I think the storm front end looked better.
THAT CAR WAS CALLED A KAM BACK , AND HAD THE SAME EXACT SAME 1.6 ENG AS THE INPULSE ,NEVER CAME WITH THE TURBO IN THE U.S AND MOST OF THESE CAME WITH THE 4SPD AUTO, FRT WHEEL DRIVE ONLY ,1.6 ENG IN 91 WITH 5 SPD OR AUTO ABOUT 120 HP 92 ONLY CAME WITH THE 1.8 TWIN CAM THAT MADE ALL MOST AS MUCH POWER AS THE TURBO MADE AND WAS MUCH LIGHTER , THE 1.8 IN THAT CAR AND THE STYLUS WOULD REALLY GO IF SET UP RIGHT ESP THE LOTUS VERSION, ONLY MADE 2 YEARS 91,92 , JERRY

·
Registered
934 Posts
I want it! send it to me!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.