Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that I told you or anything, but someone posted the press release for it at www.isuzunewsbureau.com and it clearly says at the top of the document "EMBARGOES UNTIL 10:30 AM MAR 24," which is the moment it debuts in New York. The press release also explains, nicely, how Isuzu pretty much developed the D-MAX/Colorado/Canyon on its own, and shows the differences between the GM'ers and the i-Series, including an true Isuzu 4x4 stystem. Hear that guys, real Isuzu 4x4!!!! Real Isuzu designed truck!!! Poor just below the mark GM engines, but very economical on gas, up to 27 mpg!!!

Im freaking out here waiting, I guess i should just go to sleep and wake up to the wonderful i-Series!!! Cuz i'm on spring break btw. Uhh i'm going to bed...

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
This is VERY good news, but…

Sadly (to *me* at least), our US market I-Series version of the D-MAX will feature those 'Spock raised eyebrow' fender treatments, just like the GM variants...

My personal Isuzu I-Series Options Wish List:

--- 3.5 Direct Injection Gasoline Engine
--- 3.0 Turbo/Direct Injection Diesel Engine
--- D-MAX fenders… like so:

(Hmmmmm.... I wonder how much it would cost to.........)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yea, I hate those fenders. I cringe when I see them. Maybe they will figure out that the people hate them and make a change. That has happened with the Avalanche. It used to have square fender wells and now they are rounded like the Escalade. SP?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yep, same opinion here. As much as I love my Trooper, the only other vehicle I've really considered over the past few years is a Tacoma CrewCab, but you could never get a 5spd. Well, the new Tacoma has manny-tranny(6spd) for the C/C in 4WD, but unfortunately, the new Tacoma's Colorado-esque looks haven't made the purschase worthwhile.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.