Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was up in Canadia recently and couldn't help drooling at the cool (and cheap) autos we never get to see in the States. What goes into getting a vehicle purchased in Canada to the States?

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
oh no, i'm with you - Scions are kind of like of the cheap disposable lighter of the car industry. They do the job when you need them to, but when you drop them you are never quite certain they won't blow up...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I said cool cars, I meant mostly German car versions unavailable in the States. I am looking for something to fill my parking spot since my Rodeosport was stolen las week.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Check out this link..

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/imp ... 07032.html

Shouldnt be any problem importing something from canada to here. Anyone that makes vehicles for both countries usually make them to comply with all requirements of both countries. Cars cost more there but the exchange rate might off set that. Not sure about sales tax if it isnt going to stay there. I know Ontario has really high taxes.

Canada gets Ladas and we dont. I think we get the better end of that deal :lol: I think thats the only vehicle I've seen that Canada gets that we dont.

might have it boated back over, might be one heck of a wallet burner this is a guess of course since how else do they get imports over[\quote]

Not so expensive in michigan, just drive across the bridge.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I've seen some random weird vehicles around that had Canadian plates, like the "Acura 1.6EL, which looks suspiciously like a USDM Honda Civic, and I think that the old Acura Integras from Canada may have had the "JDM" front end with more traditional headlights rather than the round projector style that was imported to the United States. And I'd bet that models destined for Canada more often have things like heated seats and headlight washers and like that. Subtle changes, to be sure, but still the cars are slightly different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.