1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/NewsStory.as ... &oid=39086

Isuzu unleashes new D-MAX pickup

By POPONG ANDOLONG, SPMJ

Isuzu Philippines Corp. introduced its much-awaited new pick up, the D-MAX, at the Eastwood City in Libis, Quezon City, last Friday, November 21.

Isuzu's latest entry in the commercial vehicle market boasts of an aggressive design, large dimensions and a 3.0-liter 4JH1-TC direct injection turbo intercooler diesel engine that produces maximum power of 130 hp at 3,800 rpm and maximum torque of 28.5 kgm at 2,000 rpm for the manual transmission version and 30 kgm at 2,000 for the automatic transmission version. The D-MAX, which is available with either a 4x2 or 4x4 drivetrain with limited slip differential, transfer case protector, and shift-on-the-fly drive system transfer control buttons, was launched last year in Thailand where 150,000 units have been sold to date.

According to Isuzu Operations Thailand executive vice president Takeshi Suzuki, who attended the launch, "I am proud to say that Isuzu maintains the number one share in Thailand's commercial vehicle market for 20 consecutive years, and of course Isuzu pickup is number one in Thailand which is the second largest pickup market next to the United States. In Thailand, after the launch of the D-MAX on May 22 last year, our dealers received more than 10,000 booking orders within the first 10 days."

Also present at the event was Yuzo Kato of the LCV (Light Commercial Vehicle) Product Planning and Engineering Department of Isuzu Motors Ltd. who said, "We are very proud and confident that this product will answer the needs and demands of different markets and cultures, not only for the present time, but for the next generation as well."

IPC president Toru Koyasu referred to the new D-MAX as a world-class product that is tailored to Filipino needs. "We at Isuzu are further strengthening our lineup by introducing future class leading products. Tonight, we are here to launch a vehicle that consolidates Isuzu's global vision and its regional infrastructure. A vehicle which exemplifies matching a customer's or market's need with the delivery of the perfect fit" Koyasu said.

The Isuzu D-MAX 4x2 MT and AT are priced at P920,000 and AT P975,000, respectively. The 4x4 MT and AT, meanwhile, are priced at P1.255 and P1.310 million. Available colors are Cape Blue, Sandal Wood Metallic, Chamonix Green, Foxfire Red, Astral Silver and Alpine White.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have them here in Aust, Ive had a isuzu pickup for the past 11 years great utes. They sell Dmax here, they are baged as Holden Rodeo's. I purchased a 3.0litre intercooled turbo diesel dual cab 4x4 in astral silver in April 2003, very happy with it. The two top selling utes (pickups) here are the Toyota Hilux and Holden Rodeo so you can imagine how popular they are here. :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
we just got them here in belize. thise things look really nice especially the burgundy ones. i think i'm gonna try persuade my pops into selling his trooper and getting one.

·
Registered
192 Posts
We need some pics!!! :) Just too bad they are not sold in the States cause of the "Chicken Tax". :x

Con

·
Registered
100 Posts
Heres a link from the official ISUZU website for the D-MAX. I have to say this is seriously the best looking pickup i have ever seen. GM noticed this and the D-MAX is coming to the US as the GMC Canyon/Chevy Colorado with different front styling, but thats what makes the D-MAX look so good. You must see this:

http://www.isuzu.co.jp/world/product/dmax/index.html

From the D-MAX page-

It swells your heart each time you see it there, waiting to pick you up. You're not too proud to notice, though, that your Isuzu D-MAX draws attention wherever it goes. Must be the slick styling that just looks right in any setting. You can't honestly expect others to know that this tough yet stylish pickup is the crowning achievement of almost nine decades of engineering evolution. That it's packed with innovations that have all been proven the hard way: during endless testing in every conceivable driving condition from desert sands to frozen tundra.
All anyone really needs to know is that the new Isuzu D-MAX pickup is capable of expanding upon the Isuzu tradition for tough durability, balanced design, and keen attention to detail. All that becomes apparent with your first close encounter. It did it for you then in a big way, and has continued to light your fire ever since.
Work it hard or cruise it easy - Isuzu D-MAX makes things happen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is another link to Holden in Aust for the Isuzu pick up,

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/jsp/homepage/homepage.jsp

Have a look around the site, or to go straight there, go to New Cars, Commercial, Rodeo. You might have a look at Sport, Monaro as they are produced here but are being exported to the US and rebadged.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
did i understand you right and you said the d-max will be imported as the gmc colorado
so i couldn't buy an isuzu version if i wanted to, GM has their hands in everything (pigs)
that's just a bummer, but does explain why the colorado looks so good

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's coming......in the U.S. .....as an Isuzu! around 2006, maybe even 2007. Isuzu will go one year (i think 2005) with just the Ascender as their vehicle line. That's right...no Rodeo, no Rodeo Sport, no Axiom, and no Trooper.....just the Offender..... i mean..the ***-ender.....i mean..the Ascender :oops: . The Trooper will come back the following year being built on a pick-up chassis (in Thailand). I believe the new pick-up will come out the year after the Trooper comeback. Not 100% sure of the dates....will have to keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
excellent, for sure keep it posted dude, and i'll assume that since it's 2006 and later it will be all isuzu and not GM stuff
i'd say i can't wait, but it'll be here before i know it

·
Registered
100 Posts
Please Vinroc, tell me your telling the truth! If you have any info or links where i can verify this info it would be GREATLY appreciated. I need this info to use at the forums at www.thecarconnection.com. Really isuzus reputation is on the line here, especially due to a recent study saying Isuzu owners were the least loyal in the industry, with only 3.5% buying an Isuzu second time around. I need any info from anybody please :).
Or just help me at the site. Wouldnt it be funny if we took an isuzu-hating forum and just took it over? We could do that and they deserve it for all the crap they say.

·
Registered
192 Posts
CarMatt777 said:
Please Vinroc, tell me your telling the truth! If you have any info or links where i can verify this info it would be GREATLY appreciated. I need this info to use at the forums at www.thecarconnection.com. Really isuzus reputation is on the line here, especially due to a recent study saying Isuzu owners were the least loyal in the industry, with only 3.5% buying an Isuzu second time around. I need any info from anybody please :).
Or just help me at the site. Wouldnt it be funny if we took an isuzu-hating forum and just took it over? We could do that and they deserve it for all the crap they say.
Well, nothing is ever set in stone until it happens but from what I am gathing, it does appear a d-max based SUV will be coming to the states. As for only 3.5% of buyers buying another Isuzu, that's probably kinda skewed as Isuzu only sells SUVs. GM for example has a high repeat buyer, cause they might start with a cheaper car like a cavalier, then move up to a impalla, then say a Tahoe, then a Silverado, then a Caddy, etc, etc, so they will have a higher repeat buyer. But when Isuzu Dropped cars, tha probably ruined there repeat buyers %. Since I own ther Trooper now, Since there is nothing similar in Isuzu's line, there really leaves me with no choice but to not buy another Isuzu. Now if the new SUV comes, that might make a difference...... :)

Cheers,
Con

·
Registered
144 Posts
I can believe Isuzu has awful repeat buyers. There really isn't any insentive to go back to Isuzu that can match other companys. Sure, Isuzu's will be very reliable, will be cost efficent, But, where are the major changes? Besides getting a new car because your last one is dying, another reason is to spice it up a bit. Seriously, the Axiom should have been a Rodeo. Isuzu finds itself in a strange place. . . . Reliable cars, great pricing, but an image almost seen as boring. Even though Isuzu's has more balls than most SUVs out there.

On a sidenote, does anyone remember the SS TrailBlazer? The Twin Turbo Trailblazer concept GM built a few years ago... Imagine if Isuzu could sell a Super Sport like version of the Ascender. Just imagine the ad, "Your Porsche Cayenne just got pulled by a Isuzu. :twisted: " Sure, Isuzu could never sell enough to justify it, but just imagine the positive image feedback Isuzu would recieve.

·
Registered
8 Posts
vinroc said:
It's coming......in the U.S. .....as an Isuzu! around 2006, maybe even 2007. Isuzu will go one year (i think 2005) with just the Ascender as their vehicle line. That's right...no Rodeo, no Rodeo Sport, no Axiom, and no Trooper.....just the Offender..... i mean..the ***-ender.....i mean..the Ascender :oops: . The Trooper will come back the following year being built on a pick-up chassis (in Thailand). I believe the new pick-up will come out the year after the Trooper comeback. Not 100% sure of the dates....will have to keep you posted.
Holden in Australia own all rights to the Jackaroo (Trooper) which they bought off Isuzu Japan. I have heard that GMH are trying to have them built on the D-Max (Rodeo) line in Thailand for the Aust and overseas market.... Interesting to see what happens. The Rodeo seems like a good truck, plenty of them on our roads.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.