Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are varying kits available, anywhere from easy lamp swaps to complete tear down and modification. Depends on how confident and what look you're going for.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

Let's see who can get the first one done. :lol:
 
  • Like
Reactions: clipper 03 rodeo

·
Registered
Joined
·
645 Posts
There very nice, this topic has came up before, i believe its way to expensive but that's just my opinion. See below.





The MU said:
Anybody interested in group buying a setup from this guy?

I get I am not the only one interested.

If we can find enough people, it might be worth it.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=48288&p=396437&hilit=projector#p396437

Here's what Gary had to say:
A complete set of USDM headlights with HID Projector retrofit is USD800, ex-works, shipping not included. It would be cheaper if you get a pair of headlights from the junkyard and do the retrofit yourself which is not very hard. I can send you all the parts needed including the acrylic plastic lens. The ones I've installed is already one year and still no fading. I guess you also need to regularly apply anti UV wax. If you go these route then the cost is USD 550 shipping not included. Warranty is one year.

The justification of spending $500 + is hard to do, but then again having proper lighting is important. I would much prefer these instead of the ebay stuff that isn't safe. But hey its just an idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The kit to drop into the Rodeo headlamps is $295 + shipping. Not bad considering it includes everything needed to mover from Standard lighting to HID.
I've seen kits that cost more that are much lower in quality.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,568 Posts
If you guys give me a month i'll purchase the kit to install onto my 03 Rodeo, then give a review on them. :D

I did see they have nice projector foglights, my Rodeo doesnt have fogs in the OEM location so that's also kind of tempting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,568 Posts
Okay I looked into my funds and went ahead and bought the headlight kit, i'll be sure to post up once I get them. If these turn out well and I like them i'll get the foglights also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome!! Looking forward to how it turns out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
645 Posts
clipper 03 rodeo said:
Okay I looked into my funds and went ahead and bought the headlight kit, i'll be sure to post up once I get them. If these turn out well and I like them i'll get the foglights also.
How did you buy them ? Did you email [email protected]? when i emailed him i received a bounce back error
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
twilson said:
clipper 03 rodeo said:
Okay I looked into my funds and went ahead and bought the headlight kit, i'll be sure to post up once I get them. If these turn out well and I like them i'll get the foglights also.
How did you buy them ? Did you email [email protected]? when i emailed him i received a bounce back error
Pretty sure he got the ones from the link I posted.
Retrofitsource.
 
  • Like
Reactions: twilson

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,568 Posts
Yeah I just placed the order on the site that he has a link to. These are the exact ones I got: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/produc ... cts_id=237

From what it sounds like I shouldnt have to cut the housing any, and these projectors have a high beam feature which is pretty cool, and it's all plug and play. I also went ahead and got the 50w ballast for an additional $5.00, and got the 6000k bulbs. I have 6000k HID's in the fogs on my brush gaurd so this way they will match. My total price was $310 shipped (there is a coupon code on that page I posted a link to right on top of all of the option box's so you can get free shipping). I did pay the $10 for the resealing glue, that way if I need more glue to reseal the lights i'll have it handy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
645 Posts
Ok sweet, post step pictures as you do this! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
clipper 03 rodeo said:
Yeah I just placed the order on the site that he has a link to. These are the exact ones I got: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/produc ... cts_id=237

From what it sounds like I shouldnt have to cut the housing any, and these projectors have a high beam feature which is pretty cool, and it's all plug and play. I also went ahead and got the 50w ballast for an additional $5.00, and got the 6000k bulbs. I have 6000k HID's in the fogs on my brush gaurd so this way they will match. My total price was $310 shipped (there is a coupon code on that page I posted a link to right on top of all of the option box's so you can get free shipping). I did pay the $10 for the resealing glue, that way if I need more glue to reseal the lights i'll have it handy.
Yeah, that is the kit that drops in.
Which shrouds did you order?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
645 Posts
Finally a solution lol. Im running HID bulbs in a non HID projector lens, i have my headlights pointed down so its not blinding to other drivers haha.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, drops in after you separate the lens from the housing using the oven.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,568 Posts
twilson said:
Ok sweet, post step pictures as you do this! :)
Will do bud.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,568 Posts
JONBOY345 said:
Yeah, that is the kit that drops in.
Which shrouds did you order?
I got the Gatling Gun shrouds.

JONBOY345 said:
Well, drops in after to separate the lens from the housing using the oven.
Yeah it shouldnt be too bad though. On my previous car (Honda s2000) people opened their headlights all the time to change the diffusers in them, it just takes some time to get them apart without cracking the lens or melting the whole light. Patience is the key here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I liked those a lot.
I'm probably going to get some junkyard headlights to drop in while I work on the projector install into the current lamps so I'm not pressed to get them done in one day.
The only time I drive at night these days is to work at 4am and there's no one else on the road, I can practically drive the route in my sleep. As long as I have enough light to keep the police happy, I'll be happy till I get them in.
Of course, all of this is considering I have the guts to go for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,568 Posts
Yeah I understand, I'll be sure to get as many pics as I can of the install to help anyone. I really do think opening and closing the headlights up is what's going to take the most time, but should be simple to do. Now we play the waiting game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
clipper 03 rodeo said:
Yeah I understand, I'll be sure to get as many pics as I can of the install to help anyone. I really do think opening and closing the headlights up is what's going to take the most time, but should be simple to do. Now we play the waiting game.
Pics or it didn't happen! :wink:

But yeah, That's what I'm most nervous about is opening the lamps up. I bought mine new from the dealership for a very pretty penny, but well worth it.
I actually need to get a new passenger front turn indicator, cracked from the previous owner and gets water inside when it rains. Good thing I have a large family that loves to give cash money. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,568 Posts
I just put new headlights in my Rodeo a couple of months ago, I just got the cheapo OEM ebay ones for $160 shipped, so far so good. No yellowing of the lense, no condensation inside, ect.. I feel a lot more comfortable putting some $160 lights in the oven compared to my previous cars $1000 lights. :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top