1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Ne ... eId=106282

Isuzu Announces Aggressive Pricing Strategy on New Pickups

Date Posted 06-30-2005

CERRITOS, Calif. - Isuzu Motors America, one of the few Japanese automakers that finds itself in a precarious position in the U.S. market, announced an aggressive pricing strategy for its new 2006 pickup trucks.

The company's entry-level i-280 extended cab 4x2 will start at $17,649, including shipping. By comparison, its sibling, the 2005 Chevrolet Colorado extended cab 4x2, starts at $20,530, including shipping.

The Isuzu i-280 extended cab is equipped with a 2.8-liter inline four-cylinder engine, a choice of a five-speed manual or optional four-speed automatic transmission and three option packages. Isuzu offers a $699 preferred-equipment package with rear jump seats, carpeted floor, cloth seats and AM/FM stereo with CD/MP3 player and a $1,569 luxury package that includes limited-slip rear differential, traction control, side curtain airbags and foglamps.

The top-of-the-line i-350 crew cab 4x4 model starts at $28,018, including shipping, and is powered by a 3.5-liter inline five-cylinder engine with a four-speed automatic transmission. Optional on the i-350 is a $1,839 limited package that includes leather interior trim, six-disc CD changer and a sliding rear window.

What this means to you: Isuzu wants to maintain its toehold in the U.S. market and the value pricing on its new 2006 pickups is evidence it means business.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
That's good news. I hope they decide to do the same thing with the Trooper and not abandon everything that got them.....well.....where they used to be.

Joe

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Rodeoholic said:
looks like a colorado/canyon to me..... :(
Gee, the Colorado/Canyon looks kinda like an ISUZU i-280/i-350 -- What you meant to say :D

Oh, the madness of the automotive world -- ISUZU D-Max > GM Colorado/Canyon > ISUZU i-280/i-350 :roll:

Leave it to ISUZU to stick GM in the eye with it's pricing while GM continues to bleed to death even with it's 'employee discount' incentives.......

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
yeah. there was a midsize truck section on car and driver last time i watched and the colorado came in dead last. the honda ridgeline came in first. im not a ridgeline person myself, but it looks nice. no low range and not an amazing amount of clearance. i liked the tacoma myself.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Rodeoholic said:
yeah. there was a midsize truck section on car and driver last time i watched and the colorado came in dead last. the honda ridgeline came in first. im not a ridgeline person myself, but it looks nice. no low range and not an amazing amount of clearance. i liked the tacoma myself.
It's all fixed. Whoever pays the most money to the reviewer wins.

There's not a chance that the Ridgeline actually won. :lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Ridgeline may have "won", but with decent options it runs a good amount over $30,000. What has the wrold come to when we have 30K dollar compact pickups?!?! The i-Series won't even reach $30K with all options, leather and everything. And 4X4 is standard on i-350.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
yep, leave it to isuzu to have the price cut way below everyone else and still have a nice truck. besides, if someone spends 30k on a new truck, they arent going to want to get the paint scratched up. i like the 2 way tailgate on the ridgeline, but its functionability seems limited.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.