Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Trooper 2. 2.3
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know who carries a 4zd1 crank sprocket, or used? I had my lower timing cover off for the first today for the first time to replace belt and noticed the chips around it. My gut says replace it but anybody have a second opinion on leaving it? Hasn't chewed up the current belt whatsoever.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Bicycle part Vehicle brake

·
Registered
86 Trooper 2. 2.3
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys, until I can source one I'm going to clean up the edges like Shawn mentioned. Lowzone, I'd definitely buy one off of you when it's accessible. I need to replace the crank seal and I'm pretty sure I'm going to tear it up even more if I put the puller on it, but I'm holding off until I can find another one.

Thanks

·
Registered
86 Trooper 2. 2.3
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"This worked for me" I'm not sure how seized on yours is. I used penetrating oil followed by low heat from a propane torch, making sure to keep the flame on the crankshaft since it's a cast sprocket. I then applied more penetrating oil before it cooled all the way and let it sit overnight. Next day I repeated penetrating oil followed by heat then carefully used a smaller flat prybar behind the sprocket which pulled it out just a bit. I tapped it back with an socket just a bit bigger than the crankshaft AND crankshaft key "you don't want to have a socket to also remove", then prybar-socket-prybar-socket until it completely freed up. Make sure to apply some ant-sieze or lithium grease around crankshaft before you reinstall.

Hope this helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts