Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is what my build started with. 94 Trooper LS. Picked it up for around $700 on Craigslist. The previous owner had saved it from becoming one of those "pay to smash" fundraiser cars. He had bought it for his wife but never got it running and had the motor torn down to the injectors. I bought the truck with the top of the motor sitting in the rear cargo area. I had a local professional rebuild all the fuel injectors ($150). I bought a new intake gasket set, threw it together. Has been working perfect ever since.

---------------------
Next phase was 33's & OME suspension

----------------
After that, I installed all the random goodies that I had salvaged from my previous white trooper

--------------------
It quickly became apparent that the stock bumpers were't going to cut it for me. So it became time to refabricate my winch bumper to this new Trooper.

-------------------

Installed the 3" body lift, HD tie rods, and 1/4 BJ spacers today. I currently have 13 year old OME912 springs in rear, OME nitrochargers all around, 3"bl, and next week I will be getting some daystar 2.5"rear poly spacers to level out. Tires are 35x12.5x15 KM2's, wheels are 15x8
Need to weld the winch bumper and rock sliders up. The winch bumper is just roughly mocked up in the pics.

winch is "vortex" brand, generic but it was only $230+shipping

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I love the look of a winch bumper that tapers up from center to edges. Like it could chisel through any obstacle, good work.

~psguardian

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That bumper can pretty much destroy anything without hurting its self. The entire thing is made of 1/4 plate steel. pretty heavy bumper but its only a 1st draft type of deal. It's my first attempt at making a winch bumper. Works amazingly, but I need to do a few design changes to lighten it up and enable it to fit with headlight wipers. I have a pair of Hella 500 Black Magic lights showing up soon. I was thinking about recess mounting them into the side faces of the bumper, and relocate the license plate to a fairlead mount.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would be documenting this build with pictures but my phone will only take about 4 pics before the battery dies. And I need to get a SD card for my digi cam. I'll try to figure something out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sweet front bar, was it hard to get the 35"s to fit

Cheers

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
:D wow your trooper looks great,i have a 12000 lb vortex winch on my 95 .keep up the good work 8) recon

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
your work is very clean the bumper looks really good with the body style of the troop

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
- Old Man Emu 912 coil springs
- Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks
- Daystar 2.5"poly coil spacers (kc09100)
- 3" body lift
- Indy4x 1/4" BJ spacers
- Indy4x HD Tie Rods
- Warn Manual Locking Hubs
- BFG M/T T/A KM2 35x12.5x15

Tires fit great with very minor trimming, better than my 33's did with just a suspension lift

Next step is to paint the silver side of my truck black, weld rock sliders on, fab rear bumper, and then it will be the black and blue bruiser that it deserves to be. Should happen within the next week.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Great build, I really like that bumper. Great looking Trooper :wink:

Keep the pics coming :D

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
:D great pics,great ride 8) recon

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First prototype of rear bumper is coming along well. I have so many things to modify on this beast and not enough time in the day. I am currently trying to finish the rear bumper, fab sliders on, weld in rocker panel cover holes in body and re paint lower 2-tone to black. Install CB/PA, fab roof rack & ladder, etc... So far I have one side of the body painted black.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Dude! That rear bumper makes my old one look like ***. Great Job !!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Looking good!! Love those bumpers and the bottom black stripe with the black wheels is very nice. When I painted mine I had at least 3 people ask if I bought a new truck.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts