Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
thebigbread said:
i admit, its in great condition, but for that price id rather buy a 2002 escalade.
For that price I'd rather pay off every frikken bill I have, and be living debt-free.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Its located in Costa Rica, thats why its expensive.

My wife is from Costa Rica and we lived down there for about two years, cars and especially SUV's are very expensive. Its almost double the cost of a vehicle here. I also brought three vans in for an NGO that we drove from LA and the import taxes were close to the vehicles worth and the cost to get them there was another 3k.

In fact my wifes cousin just bought a "great deal" a 95 Honda Passport completely stock for 10k.

Just a different location is all, that is a very reasonable price down there.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ian1006 said:
Its located in Costa Rica, thats why its expensive.

My wife is from Costa Rica and we lived down there for about two years, cars and especially SUV's are very expensive. Its almost double the cost of a vehicle here. I also brought three vans in for an NGO that we drove from LA and the import taxes were close to the vehicles worth and the cost to get them there was another 3k.

In fact my wifes cousin just bought a "great deal" a 95 Honda Passport completely stock for 10k.

Just a different location is all, that is a very reasonable price down there.
i noticed that, and thought that might have something to do with it.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
It's still worth about 50% more than market value here.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Except that it's located in San Jose right now. It may have come from Costa Rica, but it's in the U.S. That's a ridiculous price.

You could buy a 2008 Xterra with only 50-70,000 miles for that price.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
San Jose is the capital of Costa Rica.

·
Registered
310 Posts
This thread made me smile. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts