Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
jack truck up, remove wheels, remove driveshaft flange/hub cover and remove CV snap ring, unbolt brake caliper and set aside, pop upper/lower balljoints and tie-rods loose from spindle, remove spindle, remove CV boot clamp that is attached to cup, pop out the internal snap ring inside the cup and remove CV outer-shaft, remove lower skid plate below front diff/oil pan, remove front drive shaft, undo any vacuum or electrical connections on axle, unbolt the 4 bolts holding the axle in place (have a jack underneath the axle here, the rear bolts are threaded into the frame slot, the front ones have a nut on top), drop axle from truck. You can either remove all the steering linkage or just tilt the axle back and wiggle it around all the steering components, that's what i did. I left the steering wheel unlocked so I could move everything with my hand from underneath to get it in the right position. I also had to put a jack under one of my lower control arms to get the first cup to clear then the rest just pops out. If you need more details let me know and I'll take some pics for you

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Sounds easy enough :shock: I am not ready to attempt this just yet. I am not even sure the inner joints are bad yet.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
gotcha, well if you decide to do it and need any help just let me know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.