Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I parked the trooper a few nights ago and last night I went to move the trooper to a different spot and I noticed something was wrong. I was already in the middle of the street so I proceeded into the sparking spot slowly. I came out and looked and noticed the tire was completely deflated. I sighed and hoped that the puncture or whatever it was would not be severe and repairable. Today I put on the spare and all was good. I decided to put air in the tire to see where the culprit was. There was nothing visible nor could I hear anything, so i decided to do a pressure test I filled it to the max PSI of 65 and let it sit for a few hours. I rechecked the pressure and the pressure remained the same. My only conclusion is that some jackass thought it would be awesome to deflate my tire. I'm happy that the tire is not slashed nor is there a puncture, but do understand that the tire was completely flat and the rim was pretty much sitting on the side wall with the weight of the car on top of it. Worst part is that I drove it! do you guys think the tire is damaged? Anyway to tell? Tire looks fine to me to be honest, but I dont want to be going 60mph down the highway 100 miles away from home when the sidewall gives away.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Based upon my experience, and if you only drove it to the curb/& you would not even be able to drive it more than 50 yds without noticing it,
your probably fine.
You just need enough air VOLUME to be able to reseat the tire.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
You should be fine... My mother drove a flat on the highway until it was white.. we filled it up and she used it for the next 4 years with no issues.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
If not some one pulling a mean prank, maybe a sticky valve stem?

I had one that would leak right after I finished pumping air into it. If I pressed on the valve with the air hose nozzle or my fingers I could get it to stop leaking air.
Took it to the tire shop and they replaced the valve stem and all was good after that.

If you're really worried about it you can have them dismount the tire and inspect it.

Just last month I had a flat at 60+mph and blew the spare I replaced it with at 55mph on the same night! I was about 20 miles from home so it wasnt too bad.
I also didnt account that my stock jack wouldnt lift me high enough after the small 2" lift and slightly larger tires im running.
Had to wait for a relative to bring me a scissor jack... So after I got a new 6 ton hydraulic bottle jack that will get the job done if I ever need it again.

Not fun at all... BTW.. the tire that went flat at 60MPH was completely warped and its a LT C load range tire with stronger sidewalls than regular ones.
I probably drove a couple of hundred feet with it flat. So if you only drove it flat for a short distance at low speed than it may be ok.

But if you are really worried I would get it checked out. Tires are a safety issue. I always inspect mine now if im going on the freeway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts