Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, first off, i own a 1992 isuzu trooper v6 auto. one day it took a long time to start, but would run fine after starting. 5 days later, it did the same thing, i didnt think much of it, but i was pulling into and intersection, and the truck completely died on me. it took a few tries to start. next day, same thing, but it was running really rough, bogging down, usually when gas was applied, and it always stalled after applying gas after a stop. so i took it in to my mechanic, but they arent to knowledgable with sensors and computers and such, and they seem to hate my isuzu( its the only one in my small town). it took them 4 weeks to scan it. 4 WEEKS!!! they had to order the adapter to plug it into their computer, and thats why. so they scan it, and they tell me its a map sensor error code, they replaced the sensor, but to no avail. also, shortly after i brought it in, it was running like garbage. its hard to start, and when started, bogs itself down, running real rich, then stalls.so its been another 2 1/2 weeks since the scan, i call them about 1 or 2 times a week to see if they did anything to it, but nothing. they are stumped. i called them yesterday, and the girl i talked to asked him if any work was done, and he tells her that they are trying to get me a computer!!! What should i do!!? my mech. is being a dink, jerking me around for almost 7 weeks now, and the other mech. in town will really rip me off if i take it there, besides, i dont know if they would be able to help me or not. Please Help!!! i need my truck back, its the only vehicle i have access to, im just lucky i can walk to work... Any thoughts??

·
Registered
186 Posts
Damn computers, some mechanics seem to rely on them too much. Were all of the basics covered first, because it could be alot of things before a map sensor. Cracked distributor cap, fuel filter, O2 sensor, control module. 7 weeks is ridiculous, the next place I would walk is the shop and tell the mechanic that I am leaving with a car, don't care who's it is mine or his, but it better be running. :shock:

·
Registered
9 Posts
stompin69 said:
Damn computers, some mechanics seem to rely on them too much. Were all of the basics covered first, because it could be alot of things before a map sensor. Cracked distributor cap, fuel filter, O2 sensor, control module. 7 weeks is ridiculous, the next place I would walk is the shop and tell the mechanic that I am leaving with a car, don't care who's it is mine or his, but it better be running. :shock:
Amen brother!
Check all of the above and maybe check the EGR system. I just figured out how to clean it and have learned, during that quest, that the EGR system can cause a wide range of problems on these trucks. It wasn't too difficult on my 2000, and it only took 90 min or so of my time while I was working on other things to boot. I recommend GumOut carb cleaner and a trombone snake (long flexible brush for cleaning trombone slides). The hardest part was getting the TB out of the way to clean the tube in the intake. Most of the time was spent waiting for the cleaner to dry sufficiently to close everything up.

Good luck and keep at it.
Mac

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
mrpotter28 said:
ok, first off, i own a 1992 isuzu trooper v6 auto. one day it took a long time to start, but would run fine after starting. 5 days later, it did the same thing, i didnt think much of it, but i was pulling into and intersection, and the truck completely died on me. it took a few tries to start. next day, same thing, but it was running really rough, bogging down, usually when gas was applied, and it always stalled after applying gas after a stop. so i took it in to my mechanic, but they arent to knowledgable with sensors and computers and such, and they seem to hate my isuzu( its the only one in my small town). it took them 4 weeks to scan it. 4 WEEKS!!! they had to order the adapter to plug it into their computer, and thats why. so they scan it, and they tell me its a map sensor error code, they replaced the sensor, but to no avail. also, shortly after i brought it in, it was running like garbage. its hard to start, and when started, bogs itself down, running real rich, then stalls.so its been another 2 1/2 weeks since the scan, i call them about 1 or 2 times a week to see if they did anything to it, but nothing. they are stumped. i called them yesterday, and the girl i talked to asked him if any work was done, and he tells her that they are trying to get me a computer!!! What should i do!!? my mech. is being a dink, jerking me around for almost 7 weeks now, and the other mech. in town will really rip me off if i take it there, besides, i dont know if they would be able to help me or not. Please Help!!! i need my truck back, its the only vehicle i have access to, im just lucky i can walk to work... Any thoughts??
\

SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A SHORTED 0 2 SENSOR , ESP IF IT STARTED ALL OF A SUDDEN AND RUNS EXTREMNLY RICH CLASSIC SYMPTOMS , ALLMOST LIKE THE XHAUSE IS PLUGGED UP , JERRY

·
Registered
36 Posts
SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A SHORTED 0 2 SENSOR , ESP IF IT STARTED ALL OF A SUDDEN AND RUNS EXTREMNLY RICH CLASSIC SYMPTOMS , ALLMOST LIKE THE XHAUSE IS PLUGGED UP , JERRY[/quote] I had my o2 sensor out for about 4 days waiting for a new bung to weld in. My trooper idled higher but smooth and ran fine,..although it did run richer. sounds different than what you are saying, am I bypassing something to run good without a sensor?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.