Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't add up Jack and Jill's question correctly for some reason. It always comes out as thinking I am a spambot. I would love to have an account on that forum too. If you are on that forum, can you please let me know? I have tried to contact the administrators on that site, but believe it or not- you have to be a member to do so. They also don't list a contact e-mail from what I could tell. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Take a look at IsuzuPup.com, they're a good crew.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
im a member of the luv.com and pup.com sites

PM what ever you want sent to them or just ask a question hear if its a parts inter change question Jerry, me, and a few others can answer it.

it says you have a 81 4WD in your sig-line, just a gess. are you wanting to got to a 5sp :?: common thing when 4wds are 4.11 gears with the little 14" rims...

other off the top of my head info i know is, if its not a 2.2L diesel, its a 1.8L gas in 1981
many parts from 1.8L and the 1.9L are inter changeable.

(EDIT)
ahh its diesel yea the gearing is rather a bummer ant it :roll:
when the isuzupup.com site gets back up and running, theres a wealth of diesel info on there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the reply Trooper T.

Yeah having the isuzupup.com site down has given me some time to peruse the other isuzu forums.I am usually glued to the isuzupup.com site. I had forgotten that whenever I try to register fro the luvtruck.com forum I cannot. I don't know if my IP address is no good for their site, or what is happening, but I would love to be able to register as the same username as I have here and on the pup forum.

There is an introduction for me on the pup site, I've been driving this one since the fall daily. I have finally found the right power range, shift points etc. to be able to gain on most hills. It is kind of amazing, but seriously took 6 months. I also have a WVO greasecar kit in the truck, so that is where most of my posts lie. Right now I am starting to rebuild a turbo and manifolds I just got off of the site, and am looking for the air intake ducting as the setup I got didn't come with it, and I ran across a post I would like to follow up on the luvtruck site. I am also considering my options with a small lift, larger diameter tires, versus re gearing the rear end or transmission swapping. I haven't found anyone swapping a 5 speed tranny/t-case into the pup/luvs yet? And I definitely wouldn't mind the increased ground clearance.

I'll PM you the info I'd like to have sent over to the luvtruck site.

Thanks!
Andy T

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
quick notes,
you can not re-gear and still have a working 4wd system, you have 4.11s and the only other 4wd set is 4.55s and that will not help you. :(

theres a few people on the luv board that have done the 5sp swap, and one or two on the pup board.

its no cake walk, but the end product is sweet.

with the diesel you have a 50% chance of having issues in the housing area,
MSG 4speeds where 4 bolt or 6 bolt front retainer, MSG 5speeds are 6 bolt only.

in short what this means is.
if your 4wd diesel 4sp is 4 bolt, the diesel housing will not fit on to a MSG 4wd 5sp :(

also the 5sp trans that fits the diesel, is only found in 86/87 4wd pups and troopers gas or diesel, gearing is dead on the same only the front housing/retainer is different.
its the same MSG as yours with a 5" spacer for the added O\D gear.thus the T-case shifter moves back 5"
ho yea 1st is 3.8/1 in the 5sp, the 4sp is like 4.1/1 in 1st gear t-case is the same gearing.

sence you have a diesel up-grading to the MUA from a 2.6L trooper is OUT OF THE QUESTON short of importing a diesel housing that fits the MUA trans, or custom making one that fits. :(

i know thats a lot to take in, but thats the cold hard facts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I now have an account at luvtruck.com. For folks in the future having this problem, I am happy to pay it forward. The gmail.com email addresses had been restricted to signing up because of spam.

Andy T

1 - 6 of 6 Posts