Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When looking for parts, I am always having to compare 1995 and 1996 part numbers. Usually they match, but I am now replacing the exhaust system and the 1995 and 1996 are different. I would assume 1995.5 would be closer to 1996 or else they would not have felt the need to release a .5 model year - but that is just a wild guess. Can anyone tell me once and for all?

thanks!

·
Registered
454 Posts
My 1995 has OBD-1 - onboard diagnostics 1.

I'm about 99.9% sure the 1/2 yr model - 95.5 came with OBD-2 - making that part of it much more like a 1996.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Gizmo42 said:
AFIK a 95.5 is a 95 with 96 interior. Everything else except some minor stuff should be the same. Suspension and drive train are 95.
Hit the nail right on the head

·
Registered
555 Posts
95Rodeo4x4 said:
Gizmo42 said:
AFIK a 95.5 is a 95 with 96 interior. Everything else except some minor stuff should be the same. Suspension and drive train are 95.
I see alot of parts that are listed as being good up to 95.5

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
mallen said:
95Rodeo4x4 said:
Gizmo42 said:
I see alot of parts that are listed as being good up to 95.5
exactly. 95.5 and after they are a tad different :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
tlcsr66 said:
How do you know if you have a 95 or 95.5?

I have a 95, I just don't know which version.
The easiest is to check the interior. If it's "carlike" with a normal, swooping dash then it's a 95.5 If it's got the buttons for the wipers and lights on the side of the instrument cluster, and it's more "boxy" then it's a 95

If that doesn't make sense, the 95.5 have the stereo at the top of the dash in the center, the pre 95.5 have them lower....I believe at the bottom of the center part of the dash.

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
mfloied said:
Where is the connection for the OBD 1? I have a 1995.5 limited and engine has been hesitating with acceleration CEL on and off for a while now. thanks in advance.
behind the driver kick panel (bottom of dash, to the left of the pedals). IIRC, it has the jumper wire where you plug the wire into the plug down there and read the engine light flashes. first you will get FLASH....FLASH FLASH (1..2 (12) meaning the diagnostic is working. that happens 3 times i think...then it will flash the new codes. let it cycle through and it will clear the codes.

95.5 is 93-95 drive line and suspension with 96-97 interior styling (no electronics similarity from 95.5 to the 96-97 dash wiring except the radio and cluster plugs generally speaking). 95.5-97 interior panels/seats are interchangeable. even the motor in a 96-97 wont work in the 93-95.5 rodeos. it will bolt in but wont wire up and can not be modified to work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.