Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2002 Rodeo LS with 128k on it. The ABS light started coming on about 3 months ago. After about two weeks it stayed on full time. Then, just a few days ago I noticed the ABS light was off again. But at every full stop the ABS activates, regardless of wet pavement or dry pavement. After a few of these stops the ABS light usually comes back on. Then it disappears again after I park the Rodeo and start it again later.

Anyone else have this issue or know what is going on?

I have a scan tool, but read on here that the ABS codes aren't readable by them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
*Raises hand

I have the same issue on my '98, except that when the ABS light goes out, my check engine light comes on. I gotta get it scanned (obviously)

·
Registered
11,782 Posts
On a 2nd gen Rodeo an intermittent ABS light is usually caused by a broken wire in the rear ABS sensor wiring harness. The break usually occurs where the left side trailing arm attaches to frame.

If the ABS activates at low speed when it should not be active the front sensors may be dirty and in need of cleaning.

If you want to temporarily disable the ABS system, remove the 16 pin connector from the ABS Module. When the 16 pin connector is disconnected a spring loaded jumper in the connector connects pin 6 to pin 7 which causes the ABS light to illuminate. If you want to turn off the light, insert a thin piece of plastic in the connector to prevent the jumper from connecting pin 6 (Lamp) to pin 7 (Ground).

If you want to check the rear sensor circuit, measure the resistance between pins 4 and 12 on the 16 pin connector.

An Innova 3160 scan tool will read Isuzu ABS codes, street price is about 200 bucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.