Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set that I sanded and painted, then peeled the paint when I was trying to sand the fins. They are partially re-stripped but shouldn't need sanding again.

Before I take photos, is there much interest in these? I have all the hardware, plus some bits to re-use your factory studs in two places per cover, thus retaining the factory spark plug wire brackets, if you so choose. I also have the blue rubber improved Fel-pro gaskets. Heck, I think I still have a can of the Ford Red engine enamel I was going to use. What's a fair price for these? Thanks.

·
Registered
734 Posts
$30 Shipped? :lol:

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm interested. They will work on the 3.1L? If they are cleaned and paint ready with all bolts... I'd gladly pay $50 shipped.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
littlegray said:
I'm interested. They will work on the 3.1L? If they are cleaned and paint ready with all bolts... I'd gladly pay $50 shipped.
Yes, same valve covers.

They need to be re-stripped. I had the paint looking fantastic, but when I went to pull off the masking tape I had in place while sanding the paint off the fins, it peeled. So they need another scrubbing with paint stripper. But with the paint being new (not factory paint baked on from engine heat for 20 years), I think it will come right off. I took a couple of photos which I'll post shortly.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
littlegray, I have another possible offer but I'd like to give you first dibs since you first expressed interest. $50 + s/h, as they appear in the photos.

They include the factory Fiero oil filler cap which is unique to that vehicle. I also have a set of brand new Felpro blue rubber gaskets, also included.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I'd take the car if you still got it....:p

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
being a w-*** meaning the fiero....*shrug*

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
-88- said:
being a w-*** meaning the fiero....*shrug*
Heh heh. Sadly, I think it is long since gone to the crusher. They're pretty cool, I wouldn't mind an 88 GT.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
To me they're insanely awesome, and fit pretty well in the same type of niche as our zoos. I had an 87 gt and I'd give just about anything to have it back or best yet an 88gt...The guy who had the car b4 me updated it as much as possible with the newer actually built specifically fiero parts of the 88 model year. Where the 88 parts wouldn't fit he used the best available parts that would work...I got it and man oh man how sweet it was. The little v6 and relative light weight and lowness didn't make it the fastest thing around, but certainly the peppiest and from the inside it felt fast. Alas the motor was soon to go, so we swapped in a 1974 L82...Funnest month of driving I think I've ever had, but I was still young and dumb coupled with such a big jump in power that car DID wind up in the crusher. Wasn't even worth trying to part out...guess 7 full rolls a do that tho. :oops:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was sad to see the Pontiac name go, they were some of the nicest looking of the GM family. I had a 95 Grand Prix that I really liked. It only had a 3.1 though and was a bit heavy for that. The 3.4 GTP would have been nice. I bet I could get one now super cheap.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I had mixed feelings about it, but since the mid 90's Pontiac hasn't been as individual from Gm as they once were. Went from having the nicer look to being too much crummy done clones and sometimes you have to go with the lesser of two evils....Cutting of gang-green to save the body. I was also made to feel a little more at ease when lots of talk went on about a select few Pontiacs being re branded with a bow-tie. This has not been occuring, but it is what it is I spose. The G8 and solstice were under the re-branding talks....shame it hasn't gone forward both would've been worthy imo. Specially the G8 the GXP is an awesome 4door tarmac terror-iser And the GT version would be easily a good second if a true standard transmission was an option. The solstices were probably our closest shot at a modern fiero, but very worthy of the same ideals.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.