Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Where can I find instructions for R/R of the intake manifold gaskets? I have a 2001 Trooper with all the symptoms of bad IMG's. I have replaced most everything else and have come to the conclusion I need to change these. Can anybody point me in the right directio?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Many posts on this in the forum.

Search is your friend.

Jim

·
Registered
633 Posts
Some bits of advice, having just done this.

Remove the plastic engine cover and wash the area around the intake thoroughly. Use a vacuum to get up loose dust and debris, wash the area with soapy water and a brush and lightly hose off. Finally, dry with compressed air. Any dirt in this area WILL end up in the engine (and I mean any!).

Consider removing the intake manifold/common chamber assembly and giving it a full cleaning. It WILL be filthy inside due to the EGR.
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6640

Finally, consider replacing the lower intake manifold gaskets, the common chamber gasket (gasket between the 2 halves of the intake manifold), throttle body gasket, fuel injector o-rings, and thermostat & gasket while you are at it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
onetouch said:
Many posts on this in the forum.

Search is your friend.

Jim
i have searched, and read all the forums. I was hoping to run across more detailed instructions than what have been posted. something that has torque values, etc...

please help, thanks

·
Registered
564 Posts
Torque values for the intake manifold are 13 ft-lbs (upper and lower intake manifold bolts) and 18 ft-lbs (throttle body to intake manifold). Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but the rest of the stuff isn't as sensitive, just "good and tight" (keeping in mind the aluminum) is fine.

·
Registered
633 Posts
To remove the injector clips, pry the blue section upward. It will pull up about 1/4". Then squeze the injector connectors and pull upward. They will pop off.

For the fuel rail removal, seperate the fuel lines at the back of the injector rail. Disconnect the clamp, pull upward on the rail (pulling the fuel injectors out of the intake) and then pull the rail free from the hoses. When the injector rail is removed and the intake manifold has been unbolted and is ready to remove, lay it to the side and unbolt the two M6 bolts on the back using a 10mm wrench.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
radare,

thanks for the help. i have another question: there is a white and blue plug in the valley of the motor, underneath the manifold. what is this to? I did not unplug it, nor do I see any spot this would plug into. :?

also, where is the thermostat?

And how do I attach pics to show the plug? I can't get them to post here?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, i got it done. the car runs :) i don't know if the random stall problems have been fixed though. :? the car has not done it yet, but it was so random to start with. time will tell

the engineers that put the thermostat where they did should be fired and then shot. what a pain in the [email protected]@ :roll:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.