Isuzu SUV Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I got about 1.5" from these. I added dodge daystar 2" pucks and got 2.5". IMHO, you're better off spending the extra $100 for 912/919s and getting 3-4" of lift.

·
Registered
86 Posts
okay this may be a silly question ... but is this for the rear only or all 4 corners

·
Registered
47 Posts
zooguy said:
okay this may be a silly question ... but is this for the rear only or all 4 corners
Coils just for the rear.

Adjust the front torsion bars to suit rear lift

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got 2" of lift just putting clamp on helper coil springs over my stock rear shocks and it only took 15 minutes. Don't know what they cost though, got mine for free off a friends Jeep before it went to the wreckin' yard.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just finished mine the other day, using these instructions for the OME 912 coils. It was a simple project that worked out great, i used coil compressors to help them get in there after i dropped the axle, Anyway the biggest issue i had was getting that awkward bolt back in, One side i used a C-Clamp and the other side was a lot harder because it was too close in, not too far out. so i had to wedge it, By myself haha, took awhile.

any way when i took the old springs out , there was a rubber spacer on the top of them, I left them out, should i have left them on?

oh and taking off those shock absorbers really showed how terribly i need them replaced. They are the stock ones and my truck has 138k

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dae said:
nice write up!

Lol. When I did mine, I forgot my shop manual at home that day, so we ended up just dropping the whole rear axle and sliding the OME coils right in. :oops:
The top upper link bolt was also kinda a PITA, but we got it done in an hour and a half, and changed the shocks while we were at it. :D
Did you replace the rear shocks with longer ones, or just use the stock length. Going to do this lift on the weekend, and wanna be preparred with the right stuff.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Great write up, not the first time I've read through it either.
Is there any reason to not grab a pair of the KYB K-flex springs for the Trooper, brand new, from Rockauto for $50/ea instead of gambling on used springs?

Also, I saw some early discussion asking if the lift would be more significant on an Amigo, but never saw that question answered. Is there another thread I could search to find what length shock to install to make full use of this lift, or is the common suggestion to call OldManEmu or Calmini and just ask?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
On an amigo it gave me 2" of lift.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am looking to put 31s on my Rodeo (Frontera) and considering trooper (Jackaroo) springs in the rear. I have access to a trooper I can raid for parts - just wondering what else it is sensible to grab. For example does it make sense to grab brake lines or anything like that as well? Also, what about the torsion bars? Do trooper torsion bars also swap over, and if so are they heavier duty?

Alternatively (and for me, preferably) I wouldn't mind trying to fit the 31s without lift, and with just a bit of fender trimming. But that question probably belongs elsewhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
what shocks, part number, did you use after doing this swap? i have a 2001 passport picked up a couple of 2000 trooper springs plan on doing the swap just curious on shocks, lengths and all that with 2" lift. thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bump this

61 - 76 of 76 Posts