Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hoping someone has ANY ideas to bail me out I have a 97 rodeo v6.

It popped a spark plug I and I was looking at the threads with a inspection camera they looked ok from what I could see SUPER
now while retracting the camera I bumped it on something and the little snap on mirror fell down the tube the spark plug goes in
it was setting on top of the threads I tried a magnet and it didnt stick so I think It might be plastic. then while trying to get it out
with a rod with silicone on the end I knocked it in the hole now its setting in the cylinder I cant see it. CRAP!!!

please anyone with ideas how to get that out without tearing the head off?

Also whats up with the plug coming out it pushed the coil rod right up through the coil does this happen often.

Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
227 Posts
Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get some flexible tubing small enough to fit through the spark plug hole and adapt it to a vacuum cleaner.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
if the above don't work try some double sided tape ( its used to put golf grips on , its very sticky on both sides ) wrap it around a coat hanger kind of bounch it up on the end and fish it out , the tape will stick to the mirror.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
I would do the vacuum deal. Just keep adapting smaller lines down to a 1/4" or so and start sucking.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
I would do the vacuum deal. Just keep adapting smaller lines down to a 1/4" or so and start sucking.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
If possible I think I'd also bar the engine over to take the piston down enough that you can see the piece and more wiggle room to maneuver. That's making an assumption that the piston is up and rotating the engine in it's normal direction the piston goes down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I tried most of them with no luck. I found out the mirror bracket was plastic and did'nt know for sure about the mirror.
after jacking with it all day I decided to try and blow it out I started the engine with the plug out and I think most of it shot out the plug hole. Then went to the plug problem I tried a thread chaser no good to much thread gone. I bought a insert kit at napa taped the hole and put the plug and insert back in it seems tight and doesnt leak now I have to get a new coil and I think I'll be back in buisness. I HOPE.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts