Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I’m thinking about buying a 92 Isuzu pickup 4x4 with the 2.6 fi in it. My question is how hard is it to swap to a carb system. Or is the parts readily available to purchase to repair or replace parts on the fi system?
Thank y’all
And If this is not the right group to be asking this question let me know. I was told to ask you guys from a member on another group.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
You should be able to find parts to fix the ITEK EFI without much problem, here, or a parts store. If / when you get the truck, we have a whole bunch of maintenance / repair suggestions to offer. With the EFI, we suggest replacing all the small vacuum hoses as they crack, then leak (vacuum) causing drivability issues. ,
Carb conversion will require the distributor (and mount plate), intake manifold, and carb from a a a 2.3 Isuzu pickup or early 86-87 Trooper. You will also have to come up with a low pressure electric fuel pump and some electrical modification will be necessary. Dennis

·
Registered
591 Posts
The I-TEC fuel injection system made by Hitachi that Isuzu uses is a good reliable system. Its rare you will have a issue with the system & if you do parts are available. in the mean time; Its its not broken, don't fit it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok. Next question how much? And this is going in a 92 Isuzu pickup 4wd 2.6. What all does it consist of. Meaning how much am I gonna have to transfer from my engine to yours. And where are you located.
freight, core, etc ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts