Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do they go on a 95 rodeo b/c i have taken the old ones off and they are on a braket with 2 screws and from what i can tell the old bumpstops dont arent held in w/ a screw on that "bracket" so where and how do they do on?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I just looked at the Indy4x site, and I don't see any rear bump stops listed. Are you installing spacers, or new bumpstops? :?

You're are talking about the rear, right?

·
Registered
825 Posts
hmmm. the bump stops sold by indy4x.. are designed to be installed inplace of the bump stop that is attatched to the upper control arm. it is nothing more than a chunk of rubber material, that has been pressed through a hole in the upper control arm, held in place by the design of the rubber having a sort of one-way flange of sorts... there are no screws or bolts, you just cut off the old one, pull it out, and put on the new one that is held in place by a single nut/bolt. I'm not sure if you are looking at the right bump stop on your vehicle.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Ok, that is not the bumpstop that needs to be replaced. The one you're looking for in on the underside of the upper control arm. The bolt should be sticking out the top. I'm not sure if you will have to break loose the upper ball joint to be able to get the old one out or not.

HIH,
Andre

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Starchild said:
I'm not sure if you will have to break loose the upper ball joint to be able to get the old one out or not.
Nahhhh... Oftentimes you can reach right in there without too much trouble.

But if you can’t get to it, then you might have to use a jack on the Lower A-arm
(or go find a spot that compresses the front suspension a bit â€" forcing some up-travel)...

Once you achieve the necessary clearance - simply feel around on the under-side of the Upper A-arm for the stock bump stop… Then, on the top side of the Upper A-arm, you'll see a small cylindrical piece of soft black rubber sticking up that matches its position...

That stem is what you cut off - making sure that you cut below the retaining nub, right up against the surface of the A-arm. --- The old bump stop should fall right out.

Then, on the bottom side of the Upper A-arm, mount the new one from Matt into the same hole that just held the old one.

Switch sides and repeat. ;)

Cheers!
Smiley

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the help guys, could i cut the one (in this picture i posted) and possibly get more flex out of the front or not?

·
Registered
825 Posts
I think you will want to leave that lower bump stop the way it is... to prevent tire rubbing in the event that the suspension is fully depressed...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.