Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question have any one use the Coil Spring Retainer kits and isuzu trooper 92 -02 shock conversion brackets? Second question are they worth installing or save my money and invest something else?
Coil Spring Retainer kits
trooper 92 -02 shock conversion brackets
Thank you.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
If you are going for maximum articulation by using significantly longer than stock shocks, you may run into issues with the coils falling out at extreme wheel droop. For example the OME N85 shocks that I run are over 3" longer than stock. I get crazy good axle flex, but also means I have to deal with coil retention. The size of coil lift spacers also play a role, taller spacers mean it is less likely that the coils will come loose.

The shock adapters allow you to choose from many more models of shocks by converting to a more commonly used mount size. Up to you if this is important, but it definitely opens up your options.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
BigSwede said:
If you are going for maximum articulation by using significantly longer than stock shocks, you may run into issues with the coils falling out at extreme wheel droop. For example the OME N85 shocks that I run are over 3" longer than stock. I get crazy good axle flex, but also means I have to deal with coil retention. The size of coil lift spacers also play a role, taller spacers mean it is less likely that the coils will come loose.

The shock adapters allow you to choose from many more models of shocks by converting to a more commonly used mount size. Up to you if this is important, but it definitely opens up your options.
Exactly.

Although, instead of buying the shock conversion brackets, you could just find a bushing and insert it into your new shock eyelets to use the stock bolts. That is what I did with my N85s.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Yeah, I was gonna say call Indy4x and they will 'splain it to you...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts