Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lets say, something bad were to happen to Rawry, and i need to replace the motor.

its got a 3.1L in her now, i know a 3.4L would bolt up with some mods, but could i get the isuzu 3.2L in there?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
It would not be a bolt in like the 3.4. But if you are willing there is a way. I just don't know it.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
i think the 3.2 should go in ok, but if you want all the details, PM JLEMOND and he will give you the 411, and the 3.2 :lol:

that was a bad joke

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
2 major probelms 1)the motor will not bolt to the trans and 2, ththe 3.1 uses GM throttle body and the 3.2 is fuel injected... totally different.. you're talking about changing the transmission and wiring harness as well as motor mounts, exhaust system, etc... I'm not saying it can't be done because anything can be done, but it would be about $5k cheaper to just buy a 3.2 rodeo if that's what you want. I personally would just put the 3.4 in. An almost "bolt in" swap and a way less problematic engine.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
i beleive the 3.4 is just a bored/stroked version of the 3.1, so it *should* bolt in. but the 3.2 would have a totally different bellhousing, and wiring.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
3.4L would drop right in and bolt straight up to the transmission, use the same wiring harness, same exhaust, same ecm, and all the same accessories. It would be a great swap.

The 3.2L would be a swap of everything, and I'm sure some gremlin chasing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts