Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sunday I FINALLY got the motor back in the 'pulse. I actually decided to mate the tranny to the motor while it was on the lift and insert them together. While this saved me the back breaking, neck cramping nightmare that is doing it from underneath, it was still no picnic. Even with the motor and the trans perfectly lined up, I could not get the damn shaft to slide in easy. I hope everything is ok in there. If anything looks out of whack, let me know!





































I hope I didn't miss anything!!! And a big THANKS to Jerry for helping me get a ton of parts!

Bart
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
877 Posts
Dude, That looks so clean!!!. Much props! :thumbleft:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,404 Posts
AWESOME.... its about time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,646 Posts
:shock:

Looking good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
that is a LOT of red split loom.
everything looks really good, glad to see it going back together.
oh, and the poster on the wall looks out of whack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
HEY! you never told us you have a Porsche!!

oh yeah, nice work on the impulse.

cheers, john
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys,

Yeah, the red loom was a decision I made at the beginning, and I have caught a lot of flack about it. I personally like it, I think it makes the engine bay pop. My decision to do this was also because I wanted to have a very clear delineation between all the wiring and all the vacuum lines. Looking under the hood of this car is like looking at a bowl of pasta. Its kind of a nightmare in there. I also wanted to do something different for a change. I wanted to detach myself from doing something typical like an all black or military-ish theme like I normally do. After all, its an 80s 4 cylinder JDM import!

The 911 is my wife's car. Its a 1999 Carrerra Cabriolet. We got a sweet deal on it a few years back. Funny thing is about Porshe's, is the perception people get of you when you drive one. They automatically see $$$$$ while at the same time they probably paid more money for their brand new Nissan Altima than we did for my wife's used 911. :lol: But that's just the way we are. I would rather spend money on a quality used car of a good marke than a brand new car that will loose $5000+ in value as soon as you drive off the lot. Then again, you are talking to a guy who buys cheap Isuzus for fun. :) But yeah, there is some contrast in our garage.

Bart

PS - I knew someone would comment about the poster in the background. Anyone know what it is from? :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
wow!! everything in your garage look so nice toolbox, jack, even the floor looks super cool!! and that Impulse its amazing man! your attention to details its awesome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
nfpgasmask said:
The 911 is my wife's car. Its a 1999 Carrerra Cabriolet. We got a sweet deal on it a few years back. Funny thing is about Porshe's, is the perception people get of you when you drive one. They automatically see $$$$$ while at the same time they probably paid more money for their brand new Nissan Altima than we did for my wife's used 911. :lol: But that's just the way we are. I would rather spend money on a quality used car of a good marke than a brand new car that will loose $5000+ in value as soon as you drive off the lot. Then again, you are talking to a guy who buys cheap Isuzus for fun. :) But yeah, there is some contrast in our garage.
yeah. the 996 is nice, being water-cooled and all, but i like like the roundness of the previous 993 model. (they're fun, aren't they?!!)
you say toe-may-toe, i say toe-ma-toe.
my wife bought the range rover instead of a porsche. talk about depreciation!

cheers, john
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JP36 said:
wow!! everything in your garage look so nice toolbox, jack, even the floor looks super cool!! and that Impulse its amazing man! your attention to details its awesome!
Thanks, man! Let's just hope I can get her running smooth!! To be perfectly honest I am terrified. There are so many sensors and so many places for leaks and if I plug one thing into the wrong pipe and and and and and....

Skerd.

Bart
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN !!!

Love it. Please post more pictures as you make progress.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
877 Posts
nfpgasmask said:
PS - I knew someone would comment about the poster in the background. Anyone know what it is from? :mrgreen:
Looks like anime. Akira?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,377 Posts
Dude, those pics are sick. Like some kinda weird clean-room experiment.

If you're gonna torture us like that, I'm gonna hack your account and photo-shop your images to add some grease, and spilled coolant, and broken tools and a few oil stains.

Keep up the good work, you poor sick sick, sick sick wrencher ... 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MarkB.NV said:
Dude, those pics are sick. Like some kinda weird clean-room experiment.

If you're gonna torture us like that, I'm gonna hack your account and photo-shop your images to add some grease, and spilled coolant, and broken tools and a few oil stains.

Keep up the good work, you poor sick sick, sick sick wrencher ... 8)
MARK! Good to hear from you, you still in Nevada? Come see the madness!!

Bart
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,615 Posts
I like the poster above the door to. Well with the presidency you've set for yourself now with the clean room garage, your in big trouble buster !!! :) I mean that in the nicest way humanly possible !!! You'd go insane working on a Detroit diesel !!!
Question is do you know why :)...
Ps I really like the red !!!

Ppss you've done a marvoulis job !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Some updates, got the turbo and exhaust manifold back on yesterday. Buttoned up everything underneath as well. Every piece of this has been a fight. There is just NO room under to work on these cars. Everything is crammed in so tightly. My wife says it looks like I got in a fight, my hands are so chewed up. I said, "yeah, I did get in a fight, with the Impulse!"



















So are the 4ZE1s this difficult to work on as well? I would think a little less crammed in a Trooper and obviously without the turbo a lot less plumbing...

Bart
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top