Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i had a gift from the gods, boys!

My mom had a car accident about 4years ago. She hasnt really been the same person since, and has been fighting with the insurance company since her accident. She recently had the insurance company finally reach a settlement, and out of nowhere, gave me $1500. I knew she was going to give me some money, but i was thinking somewhere along the lines of $400, and I would have been estatic with that.

So what i did was, i went straight to the bank, paid out the loan, and paid out the overdraft. Saving myself at LEAST $200 a month. Mod time!!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
RandyAM said:
i went straight to the bank, paid out the loan, and paid out the overdraft. Saving myself at LEAST $200 a month. Mod time!!!
Dig dig dig, deeper into debt................you had an overdraft on a loan?

Save that money that's burning a hole in your pocket!!!

Maybe a special card or VERY nice thank you letter or doing some work for your mom might be in order?

Car wrecks as you said, can be brutal and I'm sure it's not been easy on your mother..........

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rodeo Song said:
RandyAM said:
i went straight to the bank, paid out the loan, and paid out the overdraft. Saving myself at LEAST $200 a month. Mod time!!!
Dig dig dig, deeper into debt................you had an overdraft on a loan?
I had the loan, AND the overdraft on my chequing account

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Congrats of being Debt free!

Now, do yourself a huge favor and keep making that same payment you have become accustom to paying. But, instead of the giving the money to the bank, deposit it in a savings account every month. You are use to not having that cash in hand. So take advantage and start saving that much every month.

The trick is to resist the urge to go blow that money. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
I agree with Mike 100%!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, i was going to put $100 aside from each paycheque, mainly because i wanna bring the wife and kid back with me to Victoria for a few weeks in June. It's gunna be nice not having to worry about $200 coming out of my account every month on the 1st.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts