Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm movin up to Denver Colorado this August. I'm so pumped. I finally graduated, and I'm in the process of sewing things up for the move.
One question...

Ive never had to pass emissions. Is Colorado emissions testing tough? Anyone have any tips?

-Alex

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
I've never had a vehicle fail it. Its supposed to be tough but I dont think it is, we have the dyno type test here. Where they run it on a dyno at different speeds so it tests more real world type emissions.

As long as you have a cat converter and the smog pump working you'll pass the visual part. Good plugs, new or cleaned pvc valve, new air filter, and oil change before going in for testing usually helps alot.

Your troop is old enough that if you have low enough emissions for a fast pass then you should only have to do it every 2 yrs.

They were talking about getting rid of the testing all together this year, I havent heard anything more on that though.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
We also have the dyno test in MD.

Tune it up, change the oil and (oil and air) filters, and clean the EGR valve. Also you might want to throw some of that tune-up in the bottle stuff into the tank or get a professional injector cleaning to remove any deposits that you might have. (If you do that, be sure that you get the stuff out of the tank by running it down and filling it up a couple of times before taking the test.) It would be a good idea to these before you make the trip to CO, especially given the gas prices.

Congradulations on the graduation!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jaime. Hey, I cancelled the wedding trip. Y'all still headin out on Saturday morning?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Here in Washington, the standards are fairly tough.

What works for mine besides the tune-up, filter, etc. is if I run it pretty hard for about 10 miles down I-5 and back to get it good and warmed up and head straight to the test station it passes with no problem.

First time I ran it through after I first got it running, I just putted the half mile from home and it failed big time.

Jim

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
So.....Do we call you ColoradoTrooper now :?: :lol:

Jim

·
Registered
425 Posts
I think there's room for ColoradoTrooper, however, COTrooper is already taken. Even though Jon no longer has his Trooper. :lol: (but he does have a Rodeo)

Alex, what area of Denver are you moving to? I'm here in Denver too with my 1st gen, so PM me if you want more of my personal info. 8)

Jim

PS Great Johnny Cash song in your sig.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
onetouch said:
So.....Do we call you ColoradoTrooper now :?: :lol:

Jim
Hell no. You can take the Trooper outta Texas, but you can't take the Texas outta the Trooper. :D

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
:lol: Outstanding :!:

Good man :!:

Jim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.