Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good reliable 4 cylinder for under $7,000. Or what Make/Model should I be looking for?

This used car dealership offered me $3,500 for the Rodeo. And I have about 3k in cash that can go to purchasing a used car.

Im sad, cause there was a Lancer OZ Rally with 105k for $4,500 a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Honda Accord.

Roomy models as of late (2000+)

I have a 94 I share and it has almost 250k on it. Very reliable. :)

Selling the Rodeo though? :(

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
3k will buy you a good reliable Honda Civic and you can still keep the Rodeo. I paid $1,500 for the civic I'm driving 6 years ago and it's been dang near bomb proof. Granted for that price you won't find many that look like brand new cars and they will have some miles on them but Hondas are 300k cars if even half way taken care of. Used Camry or Corrolla would be a good choice too. Or maybe an Altima.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
I'd go after a civic or corolla.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what years should I be looking at? My GF has another $1.5K to put on a down payment.
And I just checked my credit score so it looks like I can qualify for financing if anything. Ain't no way in hell am I selling my Rodeo.

This will be a commuter car, but obviously we want a clean comfortable ride. But $7k is the most we want to spend.

Im looking and I see some Honda Accords in our price range, they are early '00 models. So Im just doing more research for now.

Thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Get a 96-98 civic. I know you can find one in good condition for <4k.

·
Registered
645 Posts
94Rodayo4x4 said:
Honda Accord.

Roomy models as of late (2000+)

I have a 94 I share and it has almost 250k on it. Very reliable. :)

Selling the Rodeo though? :(
yes hondas never die lol

my buddy has a 92 honda with 250k on it ran the dog piss out of it every day ,

only thing that went up was transmission which still worked, he just had to use 1 2 and 3 and the exaust fell off. other than that motor was BULLETT PROFF lol

·
Registered
676 Posts
Civic, accord, camry, corolla, their all pretty good little cars. If you've got $7k to invest in a car, you'll find a GREAT little 4 banger easy.

Honestly if you pay over $4k for any of those cars (anything 00 and below) you're probably overpaying.

Use $4k for a car, keep your Rodeo, and keep the rest of the money for yourself; that's what I'd do lol. Then you can have a nice little gas sipper, and the big gas hog (maybe more of a gas piglet lol) Rodeo to cruise around in on the weekends

1 - 8 of 8 Posts