Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
i figured this section is where i would get the most exposure. I have a 97 Rodeo rear that i am goignto put in my crewcab. I know the axle is wider but i have amigo 1/4s on my longbed (crewcab) and i can tuck the 18x8s im going to run. Well heres the deal, the Rodeo it came out of had 4.30s in the back and my truck that i built the crewcab out of is 2wd,so i need 4.10s to kkep the low profile tires and speedo correct. The stock tire size is 195/75/14 (25.5" tall) and the Rodeo was 225/75/16, but the 4.30s on the earily Rodeos ran 225/75/15s so im going with the final drive on the 91 style Rodeo, not the 97 (speedo or trans VSS was differnt to compansate for the 16s over 15s) follow? OK i need 4.10 that will fit in the what i was told is a Dana 44 from the 97 Rodeo. Anyone got some info or help for me? dont want to go to Isuzu and pay 700.00 for a ring and pinion. Low milage used is fine. or point me in a direction
thanks
Ron

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
1998 Rodeo axle, 4x4 with 4.10 gears. From www.car-part.com $151 to $1000 in the "Northeast."

That's for the whole axle.

The cheapest price in NJ that's listed is $450.

4DR,3.2,A,OD,WABS,16 ALM,6LUG 62K 04-078 $450 Lentini Auto Salvage USA-NJ(Flemington) E-mail 1-800-735-8464

1-98,4X4, 041736 $450 PRP - Leesville Auto Wreckers, Inc. USA-NJ(Rahway) E-mail 1-888-879-5573

The real problem is that if you buy just the gears, you'll need bearings, shims and someone to set them up. You might be able to get them to pull just the r&p, or call up All Hyundae & Isuzu recycling. They might be able to also. If this was the Isuzu 12-bolt axle, they could just pull the 3rd member and ship it.

-Tad

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tad-
thanks, i know leesville well. Salvage yards in NJ are getting scarce since the EPA stepped in. Which i fully agree with, dont get me wrong. I have teh Amigo rear in it now. I could just use my longbed axle but it has drum brakes :( and the wider Rodeo axle will fill in the gap from the edge of the Amigo 1/4s and the 8" wide rims, and then i can go wider if i wanted to. Yes i go both ways with Isuzus. Got lowered pups/Amigo and a 4x4 lifted (thanks JOE!!)on 31s. What rear is the Amigo?, the other problem is my crewcab has ABS and the Amigo rears dont, atleast the ones i have. What else might ahve Dana 44s in them? Jeeps? Why would i need spacers, shims i could see on the pinion, usually most differentials will hold (example) 3.73-higher (numerically) or 3.42 and lower (numerically) atleast the GM 10 bolts do.
thanks again
Ron

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
lowzone said:
Tad-
thanks, i know leesville well. Salvage yards in NJ are getting scarce since the EPA stepped in. Which i fully agree with, dont get me wrong. I have teh Amigo rear in it now. I could just use my longbed axle but it has drum brakes :( and the wider Rodeo axle will fill in the gap from the edge of the Amigo 1/4s and the 8" wide rims, and then i can go wider if i wanted to. Yes i go both ways with Isuzus. Got lowered pups/Amigo and a 4x4 lifted (thanks JOE!!)on 31s. What rear is the Amigo?, the other problem is my crewcab has ABS and the Amigo rears dont, atleast the ones i have. What else might ahve Dana 44s in them? Jeeps? Why would i need spacers, shims i could see on the pinion, usually most differentials will hold (example) 3.73-higher (numerically) or 3.42 and lower (numerically) atleast the GM 10 bolts do.
thanks again
Ron
Now you are getting past my knowledge of the internals of the axles. I don't know what shims will be needed.

The 98+ amigo has the D44 just like the Rodeo. I would think that you could easily find one with the abs sensor. Also, a 94 Amigo rear (Isuzu 12-bolt) has the abs sensor, if that helps any.

The shims that I mentioned are for setting up the gears in the differential. The backlash and bearing preload are set with shims next to the carrier bearings.

-Tad

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tad,
the amigo rear i have is a 91, i guess ill have to find a 94. I want the disc brakes to help stop this train. I dont mess with the 98- Isuzus yet, just in parts. My main "niche" is 88-95 pups 91-97 Rodeos and 89-94 Amigos. i can basically take one apart down to the frame and rebiuld them and know every bolt and where it goes. Guess we have to be good at something. Well, i appreciate the info. Just trying to keep the wider rear without costing a million dollars. I guess i could get a 2wd LS Spacecab disc rear with 4.10s, but very very RARE. I had one too :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.