Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get to drive a *lot* of vehicles, but given the change I'll always take the opportunity to drive someone else. I have to say though, I really do like my Isuzu. I was driving my Trooper a couple of days ago, and as always my mind kept jumping to the things that I want to do to it. All of a sudden my mind just skipped all of that and I started grinning. I was driving a really nice truck. I don't have any legitimate complaints. It drives nicely and I have no worries about it letting me down.

It really helps that I really know the truck. If there's some weird noise, I notice it and can track it down.

I feel fortunate though. I can get in a friend's new-ish Saturn (100k fewer miles) which isn't a bad vehicle at all, but I wouldn't want one. I have a better ride in my lifted Trooper. When I contort to ride in the passenger seat of a Cherokee I know that I made the right decision. I just really like my Trooper. It meets absolutely all of my needs for that kind of vehicle.

I know that I've posted comments like this before, but it hits me periodically that I do have a nice vehicle, and I spend the rest of the day not thinking of upgrading this and changing that and rewiring this and adding that, but just driving it. People in surrounding cars must think that I'm a nut just smiling in bumper to bumper traffic.

-Tad

·
Registered
416 Posts
You aren't alone here. I have never EVER enjoyed driving as much I have in my nearly stock Passport in I-95 traffic in my daily commute from NJ-NY-CT and back.

Every year when I drive down to FL, it's a breeze and still just as fun and I don't even feel tired after driving from 7AM - 10PM with only stops for gas. My wife makes lunch in the backseat so I eat on the road and we both get to Miami beach that much faster. :) Every other car I have driven leaves me tired and sore after driving for 1/2 that time.

Every now and then I really get the itch to modify something. Just today while I was in the last 10 minutes of bumper to bumper before my office. I was smiling at the thought of having a new exhaust system fab'd up to replace my very rusty original. It really must be odd to see a happy driver in the midst of that daily jam! :D

I can only hope that when the day comes to say goodbye, that there will be a suitable replacement for it.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Oracle, I know EXACLTY waht you mean abuot 95...

I drive from Virginia to Mass, about once or twice a month when I am stateside....... and my Rodeo is great fro that..even if it is a 5 spd...

And hey Tad, when you heading down to Uwharrie? I will be coming from mass, and MIGHT have the rodeo as well.....

I could swing through Fairfax area.... or wahtever....

Lemme know..

Chase

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.