Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am back and looking for a Second Gen Amigo to lift instead of slam!

WOO GLAD TO BE BACK ON THE PLANET

btw my jeep blew its trans. need amigo quick

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
WTF :lol: Howdy ;)

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
welcome back old friend! :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey guys thanks for the welcome back. My Jeep was great but the Reman transmission should have been a red flag because i was hauling my boat to my local marina and shifted into 2 on a hill (as per owners manual for tow package) and all of the sudden my RPM's shot real high. Put it in D and same thing. so i finally got over in 3 lanes of traffic to the shoulder put it in N and coasted as far as i could. Put the parking brake on and left it. came back with the commander (groan) and got it to the marina. Had the Jeep towed home. changed the fluid and i regained drive for 2 days before the whole transmission took a dump.

I am kinda thinking Trooper now. Amigo is way to small and Rodeo doesn't have the power I want.

Hopefully I can find one with the 3.5L and automatic. My insurance totaled my Jeep as if it was in fair condition so i got 2,700 for it. I have some other money I could use too. So yeah it is good to be back on the Planet and to hopefully own another Zu.

p.s. My wife's commander hated hauling that boat :lol:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

my poor jeep sitting in the driveway. goes to the auction next week to be sold to whoever wants it for parts since it is a Limited with the V8.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
lowrodeo said:

my poor jeep sitting in the driveway. goes to the auction next week to be sold to whoever wants it for parts since it is a Limited with the V8.
that sucks man.

what happened to the running boards? didn't your GC have them?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i took them off when i changed the transmission fluid because they were in the way.

Well I am done searching. Just bought a 1994 Trooper LS. Saw it on the lot going home from my parents, and I had to have it.

it had every option available. 144,000 miles. only cost me 2 grand so i still have 700 to blow on fluid changes and other stuff like a radio.

Right after i bought it, I went and got my boat out of storage at the Marina. Man does Power mode do wonders! got me up the big hill without blowing the trans. It felt a little under power, but I guess I am used to the v8. won't miss it when i get gas i am sure. It is a really nice trooper and i couldn't pass it up. the price was really good and it was a 2 owner truck when traded in for a Camry (lame!). Funny thing is i was returning the car i borrowed to get me through the week today to my dad and saw it after returning it. the guy wanted 2750, but i walked away, got a cheeseburger and then went back and he said he would take my offer since it was cash. I was happy. My co pilot was strapped in and ready to go before i even owned it (love kids at this age 5 yrs). I got home too late to take good pictures but tomorrow for sure.

I am worried because when I pushed out of power mode after the hill the transmission did a real hard downshift. is this normal? i will change the fluid this weekend, but i don't know the condition. thanks, good to own a Zu again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jwood1016 said:
What did you do with your lowered rodeo?
sold it. It was too much of a hassle and with my kids i need something more economical especially since i bought a boat, and the commander couldn't tow it so i bought the GC V8. now thats gone too...but not by choice

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
snagged these pics before it got deleted from the dealer website

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
If you have plans to tow a lot with the troop, I would not be getting bigger tires; I can imagine your boat weights the same as mine....mine is a heavy bugger.

My 3.2L in the 97 rodeo tows it just fine, it does struggle some over eisenhower tunnel and monarch pass, but hey, we're talking 11,000ft elevation....even V8's are crying for oxygen :p

My boat weighs in around 4,200lbs +/-

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my original plan with the amigo is gone. Trooper is specifically Tow Rig and street queen. My boat weighs about the same. 4k or so.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.