Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys !

Although he's a nissan hard core fan my brother in law bought this 2002 axiom about 7 months ago trusting my confident about isuzu's reliability and somehow uniqueness about the axiom.

He were ready to get a 2005-06 murano,but after talking him into the axiom he confidence about isuzu grow then test driving few axioms for sell in the area he got in love with it,noticing that he could spend less $$ in the axiom and getting almost the same features that the murano came with such as sunroof,leather interior,CD changer,powerfull engine,etc

He used to own a 1995 white nissan pathfinder 1993 red maxima,but the pathfinder which never give him any problems at all was ready to be retired due its age & frame rust.

So he went ahead a bought this 2002 isuzu axiom XS with 100+K on the odo fully loaded in ( aparently ) excelent conditions for only $ 7000.

But after few days of enjoyment the truck became a nightmare.

After cruising on the I-495 in long island,NY the axiom became to show its real issues,stalling,transmission was rebuild,both cats converter were gone,muffler had to be replaced same as all oxigen sensors. spark plugs,coils and intake manifold gaskets all needed job,EGR was cleanded,all wiring harness related to the ingition coils were checked for pissoble shorts.

All these issues were adressed as needed,i felt guilty because of me he choose to get this axiom which we all though was a good deal.

But one final issue remains unsolved,the axiom keeps misfiring randomly,according to the mech we truck needs a ignition control module,but my brother in law has spend good $$ trying to get this axiom running as it should.

St charles isuzu sells the part,but he doesn't want to spend that amount if he can get a used one.

Does anyone knows of a junk yard that have a axiom ready to be stripped apart ?

Any help and/or info is well appretiated.

·
Registered
11,939 Posts
The #6 plug boot is shorter that the other 5, make sure it is in the correct hole. Also, some plugs don't seem to work well with the Ion Sensing ignition module. Check this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56488

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts