Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Zu Pickup
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was told by someone and after reading threads and forums it sounded like it could be the reason that after I drive for awhile and it gets up to normal operating temperature it will die, start die. At first I thought fuel pump again but this time I don't think so. Appreciate the input. Any other thoughts? 95 Isuzu Pickup 2.3 L

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,194 Posts
thumper said:
Yeah I was told by someone and after reading threads and forums it sounded like it could be the reason that after I drive for awhile and it gets up to normal operating temperature it will die, start die. At first I thought fuel pump again but this time I don't think so. Appreciate the input. Any other thoughts? 95 Isuzu Pickup 2.3 L
Is your 2.3 carbed or do you have a fuel injected 2.3? I've been told some of the later 2.3's were fuel injected, anyway, I had a carbed 2.3 in a 90 Amigo that had that same problem and it was the mechanical fuel pump change that fixed the problem.

·
Registered
95 Zu Pickup
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is your 2.3 carbed or do you have a fuel injected 2.3? I've been told some of the later 2.3's were fuel injected, anyway, I had a carbed 2.3 in a 90 Amigo that had that same problem and it was the mechanical fuel pump change that fixed the problem.
"Fuel Injected" 2.3 L. I should mention It's going through gas like a full size truck or something. I'm maybe getting 15 per gallon. It has never done that before. Taking a little longer to start the first time of the day. It is however getting colder here and that's not helping matters. At stop the goes from 1000 rpm to about 500 rpm and sounds like it's going to die but doesn't Then at next stop it will stay at a 1000 rpm. I'm out of ideas and frustrated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts