Isuzu SUV Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,176 Posts
SystemID said:
After taking down the Cat and analyzing it, it was Definitively CLOGGED, as I moved it or turned it it rattled inside like it had pebbles. I was not able to see through it in direct sunlight
Well a gallon of lacquer thinner and a bucket of soapy water ain't gonna fix that one! :D Dennis

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2000 trooper 3.5l now I'm going threw the same thing I have 2 cats what happened if I keep the cats but punch them out. Reason is driver cat is turning colors so means clogged I'm throwing codes for maf sensor etc hesitant durning acceleration pissing me off so they got 7 1/2 ft exhaust pipe at little tire buy that flowmaster muffler and punch it out and reweld it but idfk how the O2 sensor going to act. I need help!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought my trooper for 700 bucks dude cut the **** out the the exhaust so I'm on a big budget my friend has the welder I got the pipe and I'ma buy flowmaster muffler I just don't know what to do about the o2 I put some pics in there
Tire Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle
Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Rim

·
Registered
95 Pickup, 98 Amigo
544 Posts
What I did on my MR2 was buy two $5 non-foulers from the local parts store. The first one I chopped in half and used that to create my O2 bung to weld on. You could just buy an o2 sensor bung. Then threaded into that was the 2nd non-fouler, and then threaded into THAT was the O2 sensor. Tricks the post cat O2 sensor into thinking the cat is still there, no check engine light in my case.

Here's a pic of someone else using the non-fouler as a O2 sensor spacer, to help give you the idea

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the info I mean the exhaust is is the only thing wrong with it I know with the thing being cut up the way it is it's going threw codes to mass flow and few more kill my gas make the truck run ****ty I have gotten 2 muffles went with thrush muffles 7 1/2 ft of exhaust pipe pipe spreader welder I'ma run just 2 in pipe.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts